Spawning Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawning Question

Whenever I enter a new game or respawn I'm not able to select a spawn point even though there are many available. Sometimes I have to wait for 10 or 15 seconds and then the map pops back up and there are multiple spawn points.
    What gives - is this normal?
    Alan

Re: Spawning Question

Are you saying the dots are there or they aren't there to select? There are two modes to that map you see at respawn - I know if I am switching kits after death, when I switch back to the spawn map, I hit a key to bring up the points (I don't remember which one.. duhhhh.. 'Enter' maybe?).. if I don't hit the key - it takes 10 or 15 seconds and then switches to the spawn point mode on its own.

Now on another note, sometimes the points are there but you can't select one.. I don't think it happens as much anymore but I used to attribute it to server/network lag.
    sigpic

Comment

Ehrm, I don't want to sound like a critic but you are aware of the time needed to respawn after you got killed?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by -=[dMw]=-DuVeL
        Ehrm, I don't want to sound like a critic but you are aware of the time needed to respawn after you got killed?
        You can still change / select your spawn point during that time.
        sigpic

Comment

P8triot
          I see the white dots but clicking on them does not change their icon to a spawn point. I notice it a lot when my spawn point was lost and I have to chose another one. If I just get killed and let a respawn happen it's usually okay.
          DuVel
          No I was not aware of the time delay - what is it? However I have the same problem when respawning and joining a game.
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishRebel
            P8triot
            I see the white dots but clicking on them does not change their icon to a spawn point. I notice it a lot when my spawn point was lost and I have to chose another one. If I just get killed and let a respawn happen it's usually
            OK - Yeah, that is what I thought.. it happens sometimes.. I haven't heard a good explaination why - I think I called it 'Map Lag' once because I noticed if I click on the point once and just wait awhile, it'll select. It happens to me less often on the TG servers than others.

I think DuVeL was refering to the respawn delay - that time period after death that you can't get back in the game - The 'Time to Respawn: ##' countdown is in the background behind the map.
            sigpic

Comment

The other thing that I have have found is that sometimes if I click on the white dot nothing happens - but if I click slightly above and to the left of the dot it will be selected as a spawn point. I use to mistake that for the point being active rather than just for some reason being a few pixels off.

Comment

Also, if you click on the point and it doesn't select, try either waiting a second or three as Patriot said, or try clicking a bit off to the side of the point. I've had a few times where the map was "off", and everything was actually about a cursor length away to the left than it showed on the map.
                [squadl]
                "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

You are not alone, Rebel. This has happened to me too, and it was solved by clicking just a tad above and to the left of the spawn point.
                  |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Hey you guys a great. Thanks a lot.
                    BTW are you recruiting mature noobs for your squads? I'm available (well when my wife lets me) :-] Oh and yes I did see the "time to respawn" DUH
                    Alan

Comment

A number of the squads are recruiting, but to join them requires you to become a supporting member. Its not a bad deal at all if you can swing it as it gets you priority for scrimms, the ability to join a squad, reserved slots on the server and much much more; but best of all it supports the best community for mature gaming I've ever found.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_Swift
                        You are not alone, Rebel. This has happened to me too, and it was solved by clicking just a tad above and to the left of the spawn point.
                        Zatar Wetlands has it sometimes that when you try and plant the UAV somewhere it's not where you planted it, same as for supplies and arty... :(

BTW: [TG]Irr is maybe what you are looking for...
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've had occasions on the wetlands where not only you had to offset your selection for spawn points, but as a commander it was impossible to send Arty, UAV or supplys accuratly without fully zooming in...

for some reason the map gets displaced.... but good thing dice/EA released an expansion rather then fix bugs huh :)
                          "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
                          "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X