Dunno what happened....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunno what happened....

So, this morning me Shafik and one other guy whom I can't remember his name (sorry) decide to hit up the private server for a bit of training. All goes well. Shafik is nice enough to teach me some things about covering fire, buddy team and fire teams and how to jump out of helo's and use the guns on the attack chopper.

All goes well. Around 3pm EST we decide to take a break, get some grub, watch a little TV and then come back.

I come back, get on the 'puter fire up BF2. Go to controls to do something about my TS button. It kicks me to the desktop. I try this several times and each time I get kicked to the desktop.

So, here I sit. Reinstalling the entire game.

Anybody else ever have this problem? What was the cause?

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Re: Dunno what happened....

Dunno what to tell you, except why do you need to launch BF2 to configure your TS button? Where exactly does it crash?

Comment

It crashes on every single menu. I can't even log in to play. I get to the server list, and it kicks me to the desktop.

I dunno why I have to go into the controls to configure the TS button. Is it configured through TS itself? What menu?

In fact, I'm actually here reinstalling it for a third time now. Since I opted not to install Gamespy since it is already installed on my machine it decided it didn't want to install the game either.

[volun][drill]
      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Yeah, TS has nothing to do with bf2, and should be configured independent of the game.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ok I got TS configured but I still need help with BF2 acting weird now.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it three times and it's still doing the same damn thing.

I get to 61% (Geometries) while it's loading and then it dumps to Windows. And it does that whether or not I'm using my {TG}-ChIck3nL3gZ account or my new |TG-Irr|ChIck3nL3gZ account.

I'm really getting frustrated because it worked all morning while Shafik and I were doing some training and now all of a sudden it crashes.

I'm not getting errors or anything. Could it possible be that there is a conflict between BF2 and Teamspeak? Because it pretty much started happening after I installed TS.

[volun][drill]
          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

I doubt it, but try running the game without TS in the background. Also, I understand you edited some con files for your keys. Maybe you left some typo's behind?

Comment

No Cause when I reinstalled I did a fresh install so my controls.con file is intact.

I've been hearing that it has to do with either spyware or a virus or something. But this computer is never online to surf the 'net. It's strictly for gaming and the only time it sees websites is when I do a Windows update.

I dunno. This rig has been nothing but problems since I built it in November.

At any rate the odds of me being on tonight to get killed with the best of them don't look good.

[volun][drill]
              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Well, I just got done driving you into dangerous situations where you got killed, so I guess you figured it out :D

Comment

This was just not my night. After this afternoon I've been having nothing but issues.

I got it to actually connect and I was actually able to play for 30 or so minutes. But then started the connection problems. So, I've decided to walk away fromt eh computer tonight before I break it and go watch a movie or something. I'll be back on tomorrow night.

[volun][drill]
                  I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Well, I found the problem.

Teamspeak is causing it. So, my question is. What do I use if I can't use TS? Is there somethign else that we can use as well?

[volun][drill]
                    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Did you install TS overlay?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz
                        Well, I found the problem.

Teamspeak is causing it. So, my question is. What do I use if I can't use TS? Is there somethign else that we can use as well?
                        Is your sound in BF2 set to hardware or software? Try swapping it.

Can you take a screenshot or describe what you have in Settings -> Options in TS? Like this one?

Yea, and if you have the overlay going, try disabling it.
                        Battlefield Admin() ()
                        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                        | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                          Well, I just got done driving you into dangerous situations where you got killed, so I guess you figured it out :D
                          Yeah, but that was temporary at one point it crashed again and I said the Hell with it and went and watched a movie.

And no, I don't have overlay on. How do I turn it on?

I also have it setup for hardware on the sound.

[volun][drill]
                          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...