Disconnect from server as soon as game starts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnect from server as soon as game starts

Hey guys, just wondering if maybe you can help me out here. After my map load screen is finished and I click join game, about 10 - 20 seconds later (sometimes immediately) I am disconnected from the server - connection lost. I've tried it on other servers, same case.
    I recently received a widescreen monitor for christmas and had to edit the video.con files, so could this be the cause of my problems? Or even the video settings of my game? Everything works fine on singleplayer, just not on multi. I don't know how my vid settings can effect my connection, but I really can't think of anything else as to why I'm being disconnected. I'd appreciate any info you can give.

-brian
    Last edited by theyear3030; 01-10-2006, 10:03 AM.

Re: Disconnect from server as soon as game starts

I had the same problem, with the message 'there is a probem with your connection' and disconnect. The solution for me was to disable VOIP.

Comment

Ah, that would suck to disable VoIP. Any other way? I guess I'll try reinstalling...

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Don't do that!!!

Do not edit the video.con file, that is your problem. There is a shortcut for widescreen gaming with BF2.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Just substitute your resolution there for the szx and szy.

Comment

Originally posted by notalegend
          I had the same problem, with the message 'there is a probem with your connection' and disconnect. The solution for me was to disable VOIP.
          Please do not do this on TG's servers. While we do not have a requirement for having a microphone, we do have a requirement for being able to hear VOIP from your teammates. BF2 Rules & Guidelines.

I'd kinda suggest looking at PunkBuster at as a possible problem, since you say offline play is fine.. Just a wild guess really. Maybe it's trying to update and something is going wrong, but not throwing a PB error? Try using the PBSetup program to update and see if that helps. Again, just a wild guess.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
            Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Don't do that!!!

Do not edit the video.con file, that is your problem. There is a shortcut for widescreen gaming with BF2.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Just substitute your resolution there for the szx and szy.

Ok. And if the highest resolution my monitor can take is 1440x900, just substitute it like this? "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

I'll return the video.con file to the default.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
              Please do not do this on TG's servers. While we do not have a requirement for having a microphone, we do have a requirement for being able to hear VOIP from your teammates.

I'd kinda suggest looking at PunkBuster at as a possible problem, since you say offline play is fine.. Just a wild guess really. Maybe it's trying to update and something is going wrong, but not throwing a PB error? Try using the PBSetup program to update and see if that helps. Again, just a wild guess.
              I know. That's why I can't play on TG servers, because I can't get my VOIP working. I am not suggesting anyone turn off voip and then play at TG (heaven forbid), simply pointing out what I had to do stop this happening to me. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Annoyingly, my headset works fine on a windows test, but then at audio setup in BF2 it won't work. Bottle of Scotch for anyone who can get it working for me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X