Problem with key binds in TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with key binds in TS

I set upi TS last night and the key binds for switching channnels for BF2 Retail (Ctrl Numpad3) and Irg (Ctrl Numpad2) worked fine but I couldn't make Chat Room 1 (I can't remember what it's called - there are about 6 of them) work with (Ctrl Numpad1). I could right click on the channel and select switch to channel but the key bind would not work.
    Perry tried to help but to no avail.
    Any ideas.
    Alan

Re: Problem with key binds in TS

Was TS giving you an error? Would the bind just not work when you pressed it?

Like I mentioned, those Party Channels are for other games here and really aren't needed for BF2. The other useful keybind may be for Special Forces if you have that. Can you try setting that up, or just try any other channel? See if it's a problem with the channel name or with TS binding a new key, at least.

I'm not really a TeamSpeak expert.. Just kinda thinking of things to try.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Re: Problem with key binds in TS

Hmm. Reading some on the TeamSpeak forums and doing some testing.

I have a bind that takes me to the Special Forces channel, Ctrl-Shift-S. If I'm in Battlefield 2 Retail, it works. If I'm in the Default - Community Channel, it does not. This seems to be a design "feature" of TeamSpeak.

You seem to need to be in the parent channel in order to switch to a subchannel via a keybind.

Imagine we had our channels setup like this:
      Code:
      -Server 1
      --USMC
      --OpFor
      -Server 2
      --USMC
      --OpFor
      You could bind 1 to Server 1, 2 to Server 2, 3 to USMC, and 4 to OpFor. You would then press 1 to get in to the Server 1 channel, then 3 to get in to the USMC subchannel. Then, you switch servers you're playing on so you wanna switch channels. 2 to get to Server 2, 4 to get in to OpFor.

Soooooo.. for your party channel binds to do something, you'd need to switch in to one of the parent channels (EVE? WoW?) that has a party channel subchannel beneath it. Then try your bind. It would work. But your Irr bind wouldn't. Is that about as clear as mud? ;)
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed