|TG-Irr| Tag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• |TG-Irr| Tag

I created a new account (|TG-Irr|EnglishRebel) just to add |TG-Irr| prefix to my tag. However when I log in, both accounts show up as EnglishRebel. I have tried changing
    LocalProfile.setName "|TG-Irr|EnglishRebel"
    and
    LocalProfile.setNick "|TG-Irr|EnglishRebel"
    in Profile.con in My Documents/BF2 folder but it still shows up as EnglishRebel both on the in-game team roster and on screen (when I die).
    What am I doing wrong here?

Re: |TG-Irr| Tag

Perhaps that nick is over the allowed limit. But still, it would have prompted you when you created it. Try creating an account along the lines of |TG-Irr|EngRebel, or something else shorter, and see if that works.

Comment

I know there is a 6 character limit on the prefix you can enter in the box when you login but not for names. I've seen names a lot longer than mine and for example jimmytwohand has the same number of characters as EnglishRebel. My prefix shows up in TeamSpeak okay but not in the game roster.
      Perhaps that is the way it's supposed to be. However Jimmy was insistant that we create new accounts with the prefix so it should be possible.

Comment

Wonder what got messed up. If you don't have a lot of custom settings, maybe try using the "Manage Accounts" screen to delete all the accounts then retrieve just the |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel account.

When you created the account, you did actually type in |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel as the name, correct?

You didn't use the same email address for both accounts, did ya?
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Perry
          Yes I used exactly that name and yes - a different address as it won't let you create another account with the same email.
          Guess I will try deleting all of my accounts and starting over.

Comment

Perry
            I think I screwed up. I deleted all of the accounts at the "manage acounts" screen and tried to create a new account with |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel and it said the unique nick was already in use.
            I tried to retrieve my account as |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel and it said my password was invalid. I tried to retrieve my account with my email address and it said my password was invalid or account name was invalid.
            Help Please

Comment

Dunno if there's much to be done if you forgot the password...
              I'll look around.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishRebel
                Perry
                I think I screwed up. I deleted all of the accounts at the "manage acounts" screen and tried to create a new account with |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel and it said the unique nick was already in use.
                I tried to retrieve my account as |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel and it said my password was invalid. I tried to retrieve my account with my email address and it said my password was invalid or account name was invalid.
                Help Please
                Hmmm. |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel does exist cuz the stats sites will pull up your player id (63559618 BTW). How's about going to www.gamespyid.com and trying to retrieve the password?
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                | for | |

Comment

Perry
                  Okay I used the wrong password - retrieved it from gamespy. Now back to using EnglishRebel. However cannot create |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel as it says "uniquenick already in use". Does that mean that I cannot create an account with any reference to EnglishRebel in the name? Doesn't make any sense.

Comment

You've already created the |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel account so try retrieving it too. None of this ID crap makes any sense -- you should just be allowed to change your name and not deal with those whole mess!
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishRebel
                      Perry
                      Okay I used the wrong password - retrieved it from gamespy. Now back to using EnglishRebel. However cannot create |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel as it says "uniquenick already in use". Does that mean that I cannot create an account with any reference to EnglishRebel in the name? Doesn't make any sense.
                      I'm having the same problem EnglishRebel. That's why I haven't put the bars in mine yet. If you want a temp fix until then you can put TG-Irr in the prefix box and run with that till then. It's up to you
                      sigpic

Comment

There is a work around that I recommend if you dont care about playing on ranked servers. Just dont log into the GameSpy servers. Then there is no authentication and you can use any name you want. I use this to load faster because I dont play on ranked servers.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...eing-down.html
                        -33rd- BaneII
                        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
                          I'm having the same problem EnglishRebel. That's why I haven't put the bars in mine yet. If you want a temp fix until then you can put TG-Irr in the prefix box and run with that till then. It's up to you
                          Drizzid
                          Yes I saw that but you are limited to 6 characters so the |TG-Irr| doesn't work as it cuts off the last character.
                          This is so frustrating. I cannot retrieve the |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel account because it tells me that the uniquenick is already in use or the password is wrong. Now maybe I am using the wrong password but here's the strange thing. When I created |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel I tried using the same email address as the EnglishRebel account. It told me I couldn't do that so I used another email address I have. Now when I go to GameSpy to try and retrieve the password by entering that new email address it tells me it does not have that email on file.

Comment

Originally posted by BaneII
                            There is a work around that I recommend if you dont care about playing on ranked servers. Just dont log into the GameSpy servers. Then there is no authentication and you can use any name you want. I use this to load faster because I dont play on ranked servers.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...eing-down.html
                            I see that but how does it help me create an online tag for BF2 on the TG server?

Comment

I think I know what the problem is. When I created |TG-Irr|EnglishRebel I misspelled my email address. I tried using the misspelled address at GameSpy and it said it had sent my password to this non-existent address.
                              I will have to set up this email address to get the message. Damn my dyslexia.
                              GRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X