Trouble with Installing Tac Mod v.6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Installing Tac Mod v.6

Downloaded the BF2 Map Pack, and the tac mod. Installed both but everytime I tried to get on the server for the Tac Mod on Tuesday it kept telling me that I didnt have the right version of the mod installed. What should I do to correct this and get the Tac Mod and Map Pack up and running for future events?
    |TG-Irr|sgtDFuller

Re: Trouble with Installing Tac Mod v.6

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that error message. I didn't know they even did version checking for mods. I guess that's a nice feature. Next time we have a server up I'll work with you directly to make sure that you can get connected.

Comment

Are you sure you ran the .bat file?

Comment

I had the same problem before someone on TS said "did you run the bat file?' DUH

Comment

I'll try running the bat file.....Thanks
          |TG-Irr|sgtDFuller

Comment

I'm having this problem too. What exactly am I supposed to see after running install.bat? I don't see it install 9 supported maps, it just says

Installing maps...

Done.

Press any key to continue . . .
            I'm obviously doing someting wrong, when I try to join the server it says I don't have the mod.

Previous to running install.bat I loaded the Total BF2 Map Pack 2.

Install.bat is located in ...\Battlefield 2\mods\tactical-mod\install.bat

What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
              Install.bat is located in ...\Battlefield 2\mods\tactical-mod\install.bat
              Is the part before 'Battlefield 2' in your path something like 'Program Files\EA GAMES' and not 'My Documents'? When you run install.bat and it doesn't list the map names as they are installed that means it couldn't find those maps in the bf2 folder. It looks in ..\bf2\Levels\<mapname>. Open the tactical-mod folder in Windows Explorer, take a screenshot, and PM me a link to that. That might give me some more information about your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtDuke
                Is the part before 'Battlefield 2' in your path something like 'Program Files\EA GAMES' and not 'My Documents'?
                That was it. I knew it had to be something I was missing. Thanks Duke!

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                  That was it. I knew it had to be something I was missing. Thanks Duke!
                  No problem. A few people made this mistake tonight. I'll probably add something to the instructions to make it clear that the mods folder in My Documents is not the right place.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X