Game crashes when it starts up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes when it starts up

Okay, so, I upgraded my computer but now bf2 doesent work. does any one have any suggestions? I'm pretty sure i upgraded all my drivers. I have run disk cleanup and defrager. I have reinstalled a few times(it wont run without the patches, so thats not it). Any help appreciated.
    specs:

AMD 3800 X2 (2 ghz overclocked to 2.5 ghz)
    ASUS A8N-SLI mobo
    BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC
    1 gig PC2700 Ram
    plenty of empty gigs on hard drive

all my other games work. o yeah, and the bf2 demo works too.

Re: Game crashes when it starts up

Did you load the latest video card drivers? If not try that.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

Recently I got a new monitor and switched to a DVI cable. The refresh rate on the monitor did not match the refresh rate in game and it would not be displayed when it started. Could this be an issue for you?

Do you have new RAM...possibly a bad ram module maybe. run memtest 86 on your ram?

Good luck
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Im pretty sure I have the newest video driver (ver 81.98 or something for nvidia)

I dont think its the ram, I kept the same ram as before. Im curius though, what is memtest 86?

Comment

Originally posted by ImplodingMangoose
          Im pretty sure I have the newest video driver (ver 81.98 or something for nvidia)

I dont think its the ram, I kept the same ram as before. Im curius though, what is memtest 86?
          Newest doesn't always mean best when it comes to drivers. You may want to roll back to what you were using before.

Memtest is a program that tests RAM modules for errors. You download and unzip to a floppy then restart, using your floppy as the boot disk. Memtest starts and off you go. It runs a series of tests and usually you run it for several hours at a time.

I learned about it when I got new ram. The OCZ forums talked alot about it and how important it was to use it after getting new ram to be sure you were starting off well with the new modules.
          do a google of memtest and youll find it
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Do you also have the latest Soundcard drivers? This solved my problems a while ago...
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

ya, im using my mobo sound. that driver is updated. maybe i should use an older driver for it tho, the driver has caused problems like killing my internet connection.

Comment

w00t! after 1 month of not playing the real bf2 it started to work again! whats the name of the bf2 server/ip? thanks for the help.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/?page=serverlist
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

Same problem recently, downloaded latest NViDIA drivers and problem solved........
                    "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

i tried everything, after putting all the bf2 demo files in the bf2 folder, i deleted it, not uninstalled, deleted. reinstalled, could play again

Comment

My CTD on BF2 startup had to do with a resolution issue. My old CRT monitor was set to a refresh rate of 85Hz at 1280 x 960. But my new LCD monitor only supports 75Hz refresh rate. I had to manually edit my video.cfg file under my BF2 general profile to remove the 85Hz and then it worked.

I'm glad to hear you got it working.
                        Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...