Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop input lag

Hi there,

I'm having problems with BF2 on my laptop. I get lots of input lag when playing BF2 (but not in any other game I've tested - F.E.A.R., Quake4, HalfLife2, GTA:SA).

What I mean by input lag is that the keyboard/mouse seem to drop out randomly while playing, so it will seem like the keys are stuck down for a second, or the mouse will jerk when turning (not drop frames, the game has not locked up due to cache thrashing or anything).

I've tried different mice, using the touchpad, dropping settings down to minimum, disabling audio etc etc but with no success.

atm I'm speculating that its some weird driver issue, but i have not much choice driverwise.

Here's my spec.

Dell XPS M170
    Pentium M 2.13GHz 2MB Cache
    Nvidia Geforce Go 6800 Ultra 256MB
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    80GB 7200rpm SATA

[at][unit]

Re: Laptop input lag

That sounds like a connectin problem sort of thing. What kind of lag/ping do you get to TG?

Comment

I get that too on my laptop, but I chalked it up to working over the 802.11 connection. I can play on my desktop harlined in to the router and I never have a problem with connection, but I'll have sporadic connection problems, with symptoms as you describe.
      |TG|Schemer
      96th Assault Group

Comment

Yeah, it looks a bit like a connection problem, but it happens in offline play as well.

[at][unit]

Comment

Do you have any processes running in the background? That could be it.

Comment

No, there's nothing running in the background of any real note.

[at][unit]

Comment

Well, I'm completely stumped. Looks like you've tried just about everything. You might want to reinstall BF2, or check to see if maybe your CD drive is the culprit: I'm not sure if BF2 reads off the CD during gameplay, but that could be it, like if youd drive is the slave on an IDE cable or something. Other than that, I'm really not sure :( Sorry man.

Comment

I'm stumped too :(

Well, if find out what it is I'll post and let you know.

[at][unit]

Comment

I think I may have found a workaround for this issue.

I tried changing the priority of the BF2.exe process through the task manager, and found that the issue disappears when the priority is set to 'Below Normal' or 'Above Normal'.

I will test this later more intensively, but for now this seems to work. I am going to test using Below Normal priority.

Incidentally, I also tried changing the name of the BF2.exe file but that did not help.

[at][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X