BF2 Sound...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Sound...

Looking at that holophonic sound thing someone posted and does anyone notice, the sound that your character makes is SO much louder then the sounds of other players? i when i crouch it sounds like im making soo much noise, but it seems when other players are crouched they arent making that much noise.

i just bring this up becuse im confused about when im trying to sneak up on someone if they hear me or not.

Re: BF2 Sound...

It all depends upon the sound settings that a person has. If you have the audio on high settings, and your hardware can support it, then you will hear those extras like footsteps better. Of course, headphones make it easier to detect sounds than speakers.
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

One thing that is dead annoying on sound is that the chinese and arabs have the sense to keep their mouths shut when it comes to lobbing a sneaky grenade at the enemy but the 'mericans have to shout all about it

-Oh wow, enemies on the flag, I'll take em out with a frag
      - *chink, lob* "Grenade!"
      enemy scatters
      - Damn!

Comment

Is there any significant performance drop with having High Quality sound settings on? I'm using onboard sound (nForce2 audio on my Asus A7N8X mobo). Can't see a difference, but since I turned it on there's been all that punkbuster lag to deal with...
        Beatnik

Comment

Do the sound settings have to be on a certain level to hear the extra sounds? (Like "Grenade!", "Get ammo here!", ect) I used to hear them, but I don't anymore. I know I've messed around with the settings but I don't know what change made the extra voices go away.
          AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
            Is there any significant performance drop with having High Quality sound settings on? I'm using onboard sound (nForce2 audio on my Asus A7N8X mobo). Can't see a difference, but since I turned it on there's been all that punkbuster lag to deal with...
            I do not know but you will not hear a difference if you do not have a X-Fi sound card. I have a sound card and it sounds great.

Ed

[cross][conduct]
            Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X