Still Waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Waiting

I'm still waiting for my new computer to arrive so I can get into playing BF2. I bought both BF2 and Special Forces, so is it ok to install both at once, or is there a set way to install them and any patches?
    |TG-E1st| India51A

Re: Still Waiting

install bf2, then the three patches (i think its 3) 1, 1.02, and 1.12, then SF and then 1.12 again - this is how i did it - and ive never had a problem matey - good luck
    tg[irr] Borisvr

Comment

Once you have put BF2 on then put on Special Forces which will patch BF2 upto 1.1, after that you need to download and install patch 1.2 to be up to the current patch (and to be able to play on TG and most other servers.)

Comment

Originally posted by Borisvr
        install bf2, then the three patches (i think its 3) 1, 1.02, and 1.12, then SF and then 1.12 again -
        There is no need to go through all this, Special Forces does the patching upto 1.1 for you then just 1.2 over that and voila :D

Comment

Thanks guys for all those prompt replies. :)
          |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

Just G is almost correct. There is no need to patch your BF2 game before installing Special Forces. After you install SF, you must run the 1.12 patch (the 1.2 patch is still in the works and not released yet).
            Telorn

Comment

i humbly bow to your superior knowledge
              tg[irr] Borisvr

Comment

Once again, thanks. :)
                |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

Well I am really pissed off. for the second time a delivery date for my new computer has passed and I still don't have it!

For any of you guys here in the UK, if you are buying a new computer in the future, do not, repeat do not even think about buying it from Mesh Computers

First I was told it would arrive on 31st January (it was ordered 12th January), this date passed and after several phone calls from me, none of which provided an answer or a call back, which they all promised, after an email to their customer service dept a supervisor called me on Tueday 7th February to tell me they couldn't get the 512Mb NVIDIA 7800GTX card, would two 256Mb NVIDIA 7800GTX in SLI do instead. I agreed this and he said my rig would be delivered today, Friday 10th February, I asked him if that was a definite, and he replied yes!

It didn't arrive! I call them and ask where it is, and am told it's in QC! I speak to them they say there is a problem with the 512Mb NVIDIA card, we can't get one, I said I know, you told me that on Tuesday and we agreed on two 256's instead! Mumble, mumble, blah, blah no idea when it will be ready, so I blew my top, told them I would be writing to the Head Office, and the Managing Director in particular, which I did immediately after I put the phone down. Will I ever get to play BF2? :icon11:
                  |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

So pissed you posted twice ;)

Sorry to hear. That's why I'm thankful I'm able to build my own. Don't have to wait on anything except the shipping :)
                    Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                      Not to add to your fustration, but building your own is not only very satisfying but you have total control and you get it when you want o.
                      And you're guaranteed of the quality of your purchase, since you choose the manufacturer. You can order all the brand name MB/RAM/Video/HDs that get the better reviews. No 'cheap' stuff is added to lower the overall cost to look appealing to the buyer.
                      Telorn

Comment

Yep, I understand the pros of building your own but I don't have the knowledge of how to do that, not all of us are computer whizz kids. :row__577:
                        |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

I hope to do this in the future. Is it one of those things where you're most definately gonna run into a problem at first, like w/ drivers, or somethin? or is it likely that you could do it w/ relatively few problems?

Comment

Drivers have nothing to do with building a computer. It's pretty straightforward until you wire the front LED's into the motherboard, which is where I sort of get annoyed. Other than that though it's a piece of cake.

Comment

Well, once you get it all put together, don't you have to install drivers for each piece that you've put in it?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X