Hotkeys?? Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotkeys?? Help!

I am trying to essentially create an out-of-game macro that will allow me to spot a jet I'm pursuing without leaving my joystick. I have a 3D Pro from Logitech, so I can assign keystrokes to a particular button.

This set of keystrokes calls a Yahoo! Widget, which launches a macro script that holds down the Q button, clicks the left mouse button, and then lifts the Q button.

However, BF2 only handles the first keystroke (whether it's Ctrl or Alt), as they are assigned in-game. Could someone please help me out and let me know how I can execute hotkeys and not have BF2 pick them up? Thanks!

Oh...and if anyone helps me fix the problem, I'll provide more details on how I've done this.

Re: Hotkeys?? Help!

I'm not sure, but there was a program on the internet that allows you to configure your controls. I'm not good in the macro area, but I can say Welcome to TG, Xanthias!

Comment

Thanks! The problem isn't with the out-of-game stuff, it's with in-game interception of individual keystrokes by BF2. I had it set up for Ctrl + Shift + Alt + = (equal sign). I'd press my joystick button to see what it would do on the ground, and all it did was kneel. Only the Ctrl key was seen. :-/

Comment

I have a Saitek gamer's keyboard that allows you to use the command pad to make macros. I use the game pad to spot other jets when I fly. You should really invest in a nice keyboard if you use macros alot.

Comment

Well, that's the deal. I don't want to use anything but my joystick. I have 12 programmable keys I can use. Many are used for flight controls/weapon selection/etc. I use one for eject and another for parachute. I just wanted a quick and easy solution for this if anyone else had run into it.

The short explanation of my methodology:
          Create a macro script via Autoit.
          All it contains is a command to hold down Q, mouse click left, release Q.
          I have a Yahoo! widget set up to launch that app/script when a certain key combination is used (hotkey).
          Then, assign that hotkey to my joystick.

But my biggest problem is if any of those keys are used in BF2, it only sees the first key it knows about. This is VERY frustrating.

Comment

Does the macro script support pauses? Maybe it's sending it too fast for BF2 to recognize all the keystrokes.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X