Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones...

What are you guys using?

I'm using a Logitech headset from a Playstation 2 on my computer (yes, I was surprised it worked so well myself) but the problem is that it only covers one ear and I can't hear everything thats going on.

So, I'm in the market for a new headset.

I'm limited in my budget though. I can't go above $40 and even thats pushing it. I don't want anything top of the line just something comfortable and that covers both ears with a boom mic (no I don't want one that clips on).

I'm gonna try and run out today to pick one up before MnM at 8pm.

So, any ideas are welcomed.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Re: Headphones...

Logitech premium 350 USB. I love this headset, been very happy with it. It acts as its own soundcard. Usually around $35-40.

Comment

Plantronics Audio .90 - less than $20, very strudy and very comfortable. mic swings out and away if you don't need it.
      |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

i use plantronics audio 90. they hold together well even with being dropped all the time and are about 35$cdn where i buy them. its not usb so you need a soundcard. Ive never used the Logitech premium 350 so i cant compare there.
        |TG-1stMIP| Shawn02

[volun]

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm headed out to CompUSA now so I'll keep my eye out for those headsets.

[volun][drill]
          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Check out these threads.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ght=headphones

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ght=headphones

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I just use regular stereo headphones and a plugin mic.
              The Dirty

Comment

ChIck3nL3gz, you wear glasses? Apophis and I both had the Logitech USB 350 and ran into comfort problems with them since we wear glasses.

Are you wanting USB or non-USB?

Comment

Yes, I wear glasses although I don't usually wear them while gaming. I have no preference on whether or not its USB.

I ended up at CompUSA and since they didn't have any headsets that were mentioned I ended up buying another Logitech set, non-USB covers both ears with boom mic for $29.

Dunno how goot they are or what model but I figured they'd be better than playing deaf and until I can afford the Creative 5.1 gaming headset that I really want that this would be ok for now.

[volun][drill]
                  I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyLude
                    I just use regular stereo headphones and a plugin mic.
                    That's the same thing I do. I spent like $7 on the mic, and I already had the headphones.
                    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Well, I managed to play with my new headset for a little over an hour this evening on Monday Night Mayhem and I like them. I can hear everythign going on (I never knew that there was an alarm inside the tank letting you know that you are pretty well damaged).

But unfortunately, I was only able to play one and a half maps before my gaming rig decided it no longer liked its fan controller or any of my fans so it was shut down immediately and I am no longer playing BF2 tonight which I'm upset about. Hopefully I can be back online tomorrow with you all on the battlefield.

[volun][drill]
                      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz
                        Well, I managed to play with my new headset for a little over an hour this evening on Monday Night Mayhem and I like them. I can hear everythign going on (I never knew that there was an alarm inside the tank letting you know that you are pretty well damaged).

But unfortunately, I was only able to play one and a half maps before my gaming rig decided it no longer liked its fan controller or any of my fans so it was shut down immediately and I am no longer playing BF2 tonight which I'm upset about. Hopefully I can be back online tomorrow with you all on the battlefield.
                        I'm glad you like your headphones. It's amazing what you can hear with them isn't it?

Good luck getting your rig up and running again.
                        AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

I use the PS2 headset as well and I love it. I can use the earpiece to hear TS or something and then hear BF2 through my boss speakers. Plus, it works great on the PS2 if you are into that kind of thing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X