NVidia 256Mb 7800GTX Compatable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVidia 256Mb 7800GTX Compatable?

I have been looking at the specs required for BF2 and my new machine passes with ease except that looking at the list of video cards supported, I don't see my twin NVidia 256Mb 7800GTX cards in SLI configuration listed there! Does this mean I won't be able to play BF2 on my new computer? I hope I can as this game is the main reason I spent £2000 getting a high end rig in the first place!
    |TG-E1st| India51A

Re: NVidia 256Mb 7800GTX Compatable?

I'm probably putting my head on the block here but I'll answer this.

I believe you will have no problems at all playing with your "monster" configuration(yep, you read envy). The Gforce 7800GTX card wasen't out when BF2 was released. I believe the minimum requirements points to certain operations your hardware must support(like vertex and pixel shaders of a certain level). You should have no problem running on high with the rig you are referring to..... Good luck!
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

way to brag dude lol. Although i have but a single gtx, it runs it butterly smooth on 1280x1024 with all settings maxed including 4x aa.

If you spend almost a grand just on vid cards and you think youll have some kind of problem playing the current games...you need to do some research first buddy lol....just bustin on ya....enjoy em.

Comment

Haha, 2 of those are overkill. One of them will run BF2 at 1280x1024 with full AA and AF and highest settings. A second one will net you 10-15 FPS at most for like, hundreds of dollars. It's not worth it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by India51A
          I have been looking at the specs required for BF2......I don't see my twin NVidia 256Mb 7800GTX cards in SLI configuration listed there! Does this mean I won't be able to play BF2 on my new computer?
          That's exactly what it means. What you need to do is send me one of your 7800GTX cards, and then you'll be able to play BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
            That's exactly what it means. What you need to do is send me one of your 7800GTX cards, and then you'll be able to play BF2.
            ROFL ! :madsmile:
            |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
            [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I wasn't bragging, I'm never sure about graphics cards and stuff like that, and I didn't realise that the 7800GTX came out after BF2. All I could see was that my cards were not in the list that BF2 suppported but you have allied my fears, thanks very much. :)
              |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

What are your other system specs? Just wondering...
                |TG| aschmack

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
                  What are your other system specs? Just wondering...
                  Praetorian 732 Black Case with 530W PSU + Musketeer 1 Display

A8N SLI NFORCE4 Athlon/64 S939 PCI Express LAN/AUD/1394 Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+ Dual Core Processor (939 Pin)

2Gb (2 x 1Gb) PC3200 DDR Memory (400Mhz) RAM

200 Gb Serial ATA Hard Drive with 8Mb Buffer

Sony 16 x DVD Drive

Sony 16 x Dual Layer DVD RW +R/-R/RW

Two 256 Mb NVidia 7800GTX Graphics Cards

19" Viewsonic VX924 DVI TFT LCD Monitor (Response time 3Ms)

ASUS WL-138G IEEE802 11G/B PCI Card

Creative SB X-FI XTREMEMUSIC 24 Bit Crystalizer

Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 Speakers

Internal 15-in-1 memory Card Reader

Saitek Eclipse keyboard

Razer Diamondback 1600 DPI Mouse

Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset SL-8790
                  |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

Where do you get your money? And why are you allowed to spend it like that? :D

I'm just kidding man. This is me being jealous; you've got a second video card and a second gig of RAM, neither of which are going to be things you notice ingame. You've even got an X-FI. Jeez that thing is like, tricked out. At least your monitor doesn't beat mine: I was contemplating ritual suicide for a moment :D

Comment

nice setup dude...thats almost the same as mine although you got the extra vid card and i got a raptor. I bet i load faster than you! lol The raptor does make a huge difference - i usually get in first every time.

My next purchase will probably be a new monitor...this CRT is getting WAY too heavy to lug around anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                        Where do you get your money? And why are you allowed to spend it like that? :D

I'm just kidding man. This is me being jealous; you've got a second video card and a second gig of RAM, neither of which are going to be things you notice ingame. You've even got an X-FI. Jeez that thing is like, tricked out. At least your monitor doesn't beat mine: I was contemplating ritual suicide for a moment :D
                        Lol, well the money came from a lump sum final resettlement from the Army and after I dropped a fairly nice amount into my wifes account, then I was free to do whatever I wanted with the rest. :row__593: I guess the extra Ram and video card will come in handy in the future, specs for games seem to escalate monthly and what is a high end machine now could be a mid range rig in 6 months time. I remember my first computer had only 8Mb of Ram, and that wasn't that many years ago! :row__572:
                        |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

Right, but instead of buying 2 video cards you could just upgrade your one video card to a newer one; 2 6800s vs a 7800GTX ends with the 7800 winning, especially since you could always buy another. And I guess the RAM makes sense for future-proofing, but I always just wait to buy stuff until I can't run a game: prices go down and speed goe sup.

Comment

Nice system man, I bought myself a nice rig for my xmas prezzie, spent 1200 quid on it
                            Thought mine was good but urs takes the crown(well for know)

I got 7800 gt getting another 1 soon in sli

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by India51A
                              Praetorian 732 Black Case with 530W PSU + Musketeer 1 Display

A8N SLI NFORCE4 Athlon/64 S939 PCI Express LAN/AUD/1394 Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+ Dual Core Processor (939 Pin)

2Gb (2 x 1Gb) PC3200 DDR Memory (400Mhz) RAM

200 Gb Serial ATA Hard Drive with 8Mb Buffer

Sony 16 x DVD Drive

Sony 16 x Dual Layer DVD RW +R/-R/RW

Two 256 Mb NVidia 7800GTX Graphics Cards

19" Viewsonic VX924 DVI TFT LCD Monitor (Response time 3Ms)

ASUS WL-138G IEEE802 11G/B PCI Card

Creative SB X-FI XTREMEMUSIC 24 Bit Crystalizer

Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 Speakers

Internal 15-in-1 memory Card Reader

Saitek Eclipse keyboard

Razer Diamondback 1600 DPI Mouse

Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset SL-8790

Gotta say thats a beauty :D
                              one thing though, do you know which hard drive they are putting in? Make model, rpm??

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X