Battlefield 2 Installation Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Installation Problem

When I first got this game in December, I installed it right away and had no trouble playing it. Recently, I have reformatted my hardrive and am now trying to reinstall Battlefield 2. For the first few moments the installation goes smoothly, but whenever it gets to:
    ...\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects_server.zip
    an error pops up that reads:

Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again from the beginning.

It does this every time I attempt to install Battlefield 2. Any ideas/solutions would be much appreciated.

Re: Battlefield 2 Installation Problem

have you patched it?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thought I installed the patches after the initial installation. I'll try anyways.

Comment

You do have to install the game first. Sounds like your DVD/CD may be having issues being read. Take the media and clean it then try again. If that fails, PM me and we can discuss you downloading a working copy of the DVD from me.
        Telorn

Comment

Alright, cleaned it up some more and it looks like it's working fine. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn View Post
            You do have to install the game first. Sounds like your DVD/CD may be having issues being read. Take the media and clean it then try again. If that fails, PM me and we can discuss you downloading a working copy of the DVD from me.

Ok, i kind of have the same problem, accept my setup gets stuck on:

C:\...\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects_client.zip

So how do i make my computer read the disk for clear? pleasse tell me.. u might just want to email me, i never check back on forums.

[email protected]

~~~ Thx

Comment

@nakedmongoose123:

They are referring to physical dirt, smudges, or scratches on the DVD / CD. Give it a good whipe with some water and a nice smooth rag, or tissue and try again. If it keep failing your disc may be damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
                @nakedmongoose123:

They are referring to physical dirt, smudges, or scratches on the DVD / CD. Give it a good whipe with some water and a nice smooth rag, or tissue and try again. If it keep failing your disc may be damaged.
                The inside of a white sock should do fine.
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Can someone familiar with Vista installation problems please contact HAZMAT and help him work through his installation problems. I have Vista and no problems so I haven't been able to help.
                  Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

ok...i have BattleField: Modern Combat for y PC...my disc is screwed...and it wont install...it gets to about 75%-95%... then says to install it from the beginning -.- ... and my disc IS scratched... so i was hoping if sumone...can tell me where i can download the game for free...cuz i have the CD-Key... please help sumone!!! :(

Comment

i have the same problem (..BF2/mods/Object_server.zip) and i use windows 7 Home premium
                      some1 help me plz ! :(

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmeke50 View Post
                        i have the same problem (..BF2/mods/Object_server.zip) and i use windows 7 Home premium
                        some1 help me plz ! :(
                        Well (lol - Old thread that gets bumped once in a while) have you seen any scratches or dirt marks which might be on your disk?

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                        Erwin Rommel

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X