Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Ping = unplayable BF2.....

Which in turn makes me very upset.

I think the last decent game I played was the night my rig caught fire. Now that its up and running I can't play BF2 at all, its like watching really bad stop motionanimation. Not to mention its like playing in the dark as for some reason unbeknownst to me my brightness and gamma got turned off and I can't find how to adjust it.

I need help. Becuase this is really disconcerting.

I missed last weeks monday night mayhem due to a fire, I missed Tacmod last night due to lag now I'm missing MnM again this week due to the high ping.

I began this evening's game at 90 then it spiked to 100 then I decided to log off and turn my firewall off thinking it was that, go back in and its pegged at 105.

So, if anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm beginning to have withdrawls.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Re: High Ping = unplayable BF2.....

100 ping shouldn't be bad in itself, unless you are also getting packet loss or something else is going on.

Is anyone else still having problems? I did a full server reset today to see if that cleared anything up, I was hoping to hear good news.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

For the 10 minutes or so I was on tonight, I had 0 problems. Have not had any other problems (that weren't locally related to Comcast, that is) recently either.

Try running pingplotter for 10 - 20 minutes and see if packets are dropping somewhere.. play around with some settings to try and get something that looks useful.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

This has been going on for probably the past 2 weeks.

I can't even aim because its so choppy. I'm running a virus scan now, a spyware scan I don't know what else to do. I'm also looking for the IP addresses of the servers to run a tracert to see whats going on but cant' find the thread witht he IP addresses.

[volun][drill]
        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Server #1 is 70.86.19.218

--cpl3
          |TG|cpl3
          96th Assault Group

Comment

Chicken, do you get lag in single-player?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Found the thread with the server lists.

And heres what I got on the Private server:

I have no idea what any of this is. So, if anyone can make any sense of it, lemme know and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[volun][drill]
              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                Chicken, do you get lag in single-player?
                To be honest, no I don't. I used single player to adjust my sensitivity on my mouse. I was kicking ass on single player last monday prior to Monday Night Mayhem and then when I started to play just before my fan controller caught fire it started to lag bad and its just gotten worse over time.

Do you think it might have something to do with Tacmod 7, map packs 2 and 3 being installed?

Should I just uninstall it from my system and start over?

[volun][drill]
                I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Try that pingplotter program I mentioned. Let it run for a few minutes then post a screenshot of the graph.
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  | for | |

Comment

DLing it now.

Spyware scan turned up nothing as well as a virus scan although its still running. I had to reboot but the boot scan turned up nothing so I'm guessing its going to turn up nothing on an in the OS scan.

[volun][drill]
                    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Here is the graph for the Pingplotter.

I hope you can read it it came out a little small.

[volun][drill]
                      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm... that doesn't look tooo bad, really, at least from what I can make out ;) There's a jump in response time between New York and Dallas it looks like, but that's sorta expected. You're not showing any packet loss in that screenshot, which is good (the PL% column).
                        Battlefield Admin() ()
                        | for | |

Comment

I can blow it up if you'd like, sorry about the size.

I just hopped back on to see if the Spyware scan and Virus scan helped any. And neither the SPyware scan or the virus scan yeilded anything out of the norm, my ping dropped from 100 back down to 87, still high but now I can play it, I'm still having an issue aiming I think I may readjust the sensitivity.

But then again, the server is empty now. So, that could have a large part of my problem, the more peeps on the server the less I'm able to play.

[volun][drill]
                          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...