New 1.2 Patch CTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1.2 Patch CTD

THis is my first time encountering this error after patching. What do you usually do? Reinstall the stupid game and try and try again until it succeeds? Dice is the only company I know of where a patch can actually damage your installation! Are these guys idiots or something?
    Telorn

Re: New 1.2 Patch CTD

Originally posted by Telorn
    THis is my first time encountering this error after patching. What do you usually do? Reinstall the stupid game and try and try again until it succeeds? Dice is the only company I know of where a patch can actually damage your installation! Are these guys idiots or something?
    No.

Try grabbing the full 1.2 patch and installing it. Sounds to me like something was corrupted before the patch was applied. The full 1.2 will likely replace files rather than patching them.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Try a reinstall. So far it seems to be working for alot of folks.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I have the install DVD on my HD so I just reinstalled..only takes a couple minutes. The game is now running unpatched and I'm applying the full 1.2 patch as I type. I hope this works!
        Telorn

Comment

After reinstalling BF2 and applying the full 1.2 patch (without applying any other patch) it is working again....thankfully.
          Telorn

Comment

I just downloaded the patch from here on TG. I then installed teh patch. Now when I try to launch BF2 I get several error messages then it just goes back to the desk top. Any ideas??

Thanks
            Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

It would help to tell us what error messages you're getting. Those things always seem to have little hints.

Comment

Also, did you run the incremental patch or the full patch. If incremental, you may need to reinstall BF2 and run the full patch as I did.
                Telorn

Comment

Can someone with a "good" copy run md5summer and upload the result to the technical wiki? That's a good way of checking the integrity of one's installation and identifying corrupt files. (You'll find md5 checksum pages there for previous patch levels.)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

So is this the given now, that to get the new patch to work properly, you have a vanilla BF2 and just apply the full 1.2 patch? I take it the full BF2 patch has all the other patches included within it!
                    |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

I installed 1.2 (full) right over 1.12 and I haven't CTD.

Comment

Yes. Apparently the full 1.2 patch is a better gamble than the incremental patch...and it will patch from the original BF2 installation.
                        Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                          Yes. Apparently the full 1.2 patch is a better gamble than the incremental patch...and it will patch from the original BF2 installation.
                          What if you install BF2 then BF2 SF, will the full patch still work ok if it's installed after those two installations?
                          |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

Originally posted by India51A
                            What if you install BF2 then BF2 SF, will the full patch still work ok if it's installed after those two installations?
                            If you were supposed to install SF before you installed the 1.12 patch, then yes, install SF first then the full 1.2 patch. If you were supposed to install the 1.12 patch and then SF, install the 1.2 patch first. I don't have SF so I can't remember which comes first. SF or the 1.12 patch.
                            Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X