Frame Rate Improved since 1.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Rate Improved since 1.2

A few people have mentioned this on planetbattlefield.com forum, and yesterday I decided to check this out.
    I have an ATI 850XT and noticed a very good improvement in my framerate. Sometimes, up to 15 fps improvement in some areas of the maps. The game in general feels smoother than ever before.

This is the sort of improvement I love to see in a patch!

By the way, I recently purchased an Artic Cooling Silencer 5 rev2 to replace my card's cooling unit. I am totally impressed! It is extremely silent, and the overclocking capabilities are incredible. I currently overclock my card at 600 core | 610 memory, and no sign of overheating or artifacts in game. I get a performance improvement of about 10%. I just thought this might interest a few people out there...

Cheers!
    |TG|drjones666

Re: Frame Rate Improved since 1.2

IF the frame rate increase is true, that is a nice change for once. Usually the first release of a patch has always decreased frames :)
    Telorn

Comment

not for me, Im getting MORE lag and fps problems since the new patch, coupled with my mouse keeps locking up its making it very hard to play battlefield 2 :(

Ive heard scattered reports, apperently its different for everyone, some people get a performance increase, some get a decrease

I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones
      "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

Its smoother for me as well, its not more higher FPS's I am getting, but less lower ones, so my average has gone up a bit.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
        BF2142 Names:
        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

I keep seeing FPS stuff and have no idea to check mine. Could someone enlighten me on how to measure my FPS. I promarily play BF2. I appreciate any help you can give.
          Thanks

Comment

Two ways:

download FRAPS and use it for free (which can also let you record your gameplay, but that costs money to unlock all the features)

or

bring up your ingame console (~ key) and type renderer.drawfps 1
            Telorn

Comment

Thanks for the ips . I'll check it tonight when I get home. It'll be interesting to see what mine is as well as my sons. Our systems are pretty much the same . except I have 2 gigs vs his 1 gig and have a 3700 + vs his 3400+ . Wonder if it makes a difference. We'll see

Thanks again

Comment

I haven't really noticed any difference, though I bumped up the AA just before I installed the patch and the frame rate seems to have stayed roughly the same, so maybe I did get an increase
                |TG| Lorian
                Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

TSO(teamspeakoverlay), also has an option for displaying the framerate. Check here for more info http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/BF2_TS_TSO
                  Last edited by PanzerHans; 03-04-2006, 11:43 AM.
                  --
                  VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

It gives you the framerate? You mean it increases it? That makes no sense...
                    |TG| Lorian

Comment

I think he means that there is a option in TSO that shows u the frames per sec. ingame

Comment

Oh... yeah that makes much more sense
                        |TG| Lorian

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse