IFF bug worse after patch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFF bug worse after patch?

Am I the only one? I actually had to drop out of a game tonight, cause at one point an entire enemy squad was rushing our flag, and they all had blue tags. It was ridiculous.

Re: IFF bug worse after patch?

I saw 3 guys(spotted ones, they were porbably more) that looked like they were in my squad on the radar today
    |TG| aschmack

Comment

No, Faultline was in my squad Tuesday night and he was red. THE DAY the patch was released...awesome work, EA chumps...I took some screenshots but they somehow didn't save...and that's also been since the patch...

I also played AT on Sharqi Thursday night and that bug is terrible. "Faux" rockets, aye carumba...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon
        No, Faultline was in my squad Tuesday night and he was red. THE DAY the patch was released...awesome work, EA chumps...I took some screenshots but they somehow didn't save...and that's also been since the patch...
        Karkand? Faultline was showing up in our squad..

Seems F12 is the new screenshot key... must have been lots of complaints about the printscreen button actually printing the screen to a file. Sheesh.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
          Karkand? Faultline was showing up in our squad..

Seems F12 is the new screenshot key... must have been lots of complaints about the printscreen button actually printing the screen to a file. Sheesh.
          Is that right? I've been having problems with the prints screen key...

Comment

I guess that explains the reason my printscreens didn't save.. they weren't taken. Does anyone know the reason why you would change the Print Screen function from the button that says 'Print Screen' to something else?

I also thought I saw they IFF bug the first time I played after the patch.. Karkand 2/14 around 9pm.. another player appeared to be in my squad. I actually had never seen it before. I figured it out right away and then heard it a few seconds later when he was getting TK'd and complaining about it. It was someone I hadn't met before.
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen the IIF bug, yet.

But on the print screen changing to F12 I'm now going to have to change my teamspeak talk key so I don't take a bunch of pictures.
              Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                But on the print screen changing to F12 I'm now going to have to change my teamspeak talk key so I don't take a bunch of pictures.
                LMAO! Ummm... yeah.. that'd be almost as bad as when I mapped Squad VoIP and TS on the same mouse button... Oops..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot
                  LMAO! Ummm... yeah.. that'd be almost as bad as when I mapped Squad VoIP and TS on the same mouse button... Oops..
                  If Bommando or JMJ were on teamspeak while you were doing that - hell yes - yours is much worse :row__523:
                  Telorn

Comment

I noticed the screenshots not working as well. I have two questions:

1) Now why on earth would EA use a patch to remap this, when they've ALREADY given us the ability to remap the key in the defaults interface?

2) And why does my defaults still say printscreen is my screeny key, and it now doesn't work?

Time to get out the manual keymap editor.

I also noticed that I can no longer crouch in the AA passenger turret. Methinks EA needs a little more V&V on this baby. Is it true this is the beta patch leaked, rather than the official version?

Comment

I have seen 6 cases of the IFF bug since the patch, that is mroe than i have seen prepatch ever.

Az
                      [age-c1][command]

Comment

This patch is on EAs website, so it isn't leaked.
                        Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                          1) Now why on earth would EA use a patch to remap this, when they've ALREADY given us the ability to remap the key in the defaults interface?
                          Because you can't actually remap your keys, at least through the game interface. I've got a copy of my preferences from v1.0 that I load every time I re-install because if I try to remap any key, the game says it's already mapped. Doesn't matter if I clear that key or not, BF2 still remains stupid.
                          [squadl]
                          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

alright guys, this screenshot remap on F12 "information" is untrue. i believe it originated here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...20-00-gmt.html

i tried it out tonight and neither Printscreen nor F12 will save a screenshot in your "My Documents\BF2\Screenshots" directory.
                            Patch 1.2 broke the screenshot functionality for me. Bad thing.

Lucky i did not fall victim to the IFF bug in 1.2 until now
                            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I've come to realise that when EA/Dice release a patch they neither Test it.... nor do they provide a full changelog of what gets altered...

they do however promice to fix things...
                              "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
                              "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X