Widescreen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widescreen?

I was just curious if there was any way to run BF2 in a widscreen format. I havent actually seen any option for it, so i figured to ask anyone who might know.

It'd be a shame to put my new LCD HDTV to a lesser use in just plain 4:3 ratio :row__573:

Any help is appreciated.
    Focused

Re: Widescreen?

Originally posted by PhoenixxFire
    I was just curious if there was any way to run BF2 in a widscreen format. I havent actually seen any option for it, so i figured to ask anyone who might know.

It'd be a shame to put my new LCD HDTV to a lesser use in just plain 4:3 ratio :row__573:

Any help is appreciated.
    modify your shortcut like this, just substitute your resolution where I have mine:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
      modify your shortcut like this, just substitute your resolution where I have mine:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050
      The man speaks the truth. Works beautifully on my LCD TV at 1360 x 768.
      Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ

That's right, I use 1280*800 or 1920*1200

You might need to use the +widescreen option like this...

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 800

[at][unit]

Comment

I'm glad its working for you.

Im interested to know how you are putting the signal into your tv.

Last summer we bought a 42 in projection HDTV from Sony. One thing I was looking forward to was playing battlefield 2 on the big screen. I sent the signal through an S Video input on the front panel of the tv. The image looked crappy, even with some various tweaks I ran through the nvidia control panel.

The input I was using was non hdtv. I"m no considering purchasing a DVI-HDMI cable and running the image through the HD hdmi input.

Can anyone offer thoughts on whether this might work or any thoughts about how to make the s video input look acceptable on the bigscreen?
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

S video will never look acceptable on the bigscreen. I was using my VGA connection for a while (my LCD has VGA, S Video, Composite and HDMI - no DVI), but was getting some strange squiggling artifacts a couple times a day. So I finally got a DVI-HDMI cable and it looks great. I had to tweak with ATI's Catalyst Control Center to a strange resolution (the monitor in CCC is at something like 1158x762 or something, with the BF2 resolution at the normal 1360 x 768), but it looks great on the big widescreen. :)
            Beatnik

Comment

Just ordered myself an S-Video/TRS 3.5mm to SCART cable to I can connect my computer to my 28" widescreen, Not sure how it's gonna work out but it'll be cool to be able to play it on the TV.
              |TG| Lorian
              Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Hey thanks for the help! :row__631: Im definitely gonna try it out as soon as possible.
                Like right NOW!
                Focused

Comment

If the shortcut doesn't work for you, go to your BF2 profile under your my documents/battlefied 2 and edit your video.con file. You'll see an entry in there with the current resolution settings. Just change that to what you want.
                  Telorn

Comment

Hmm, i may just have to try that out too. Thanks Telorn.
                    Focused

Comment

There's been talk that widescreen resolution doesn't give you a larger FOV. You might actually be seeing less because the top and bottom of a regular 4:3 view is chopped off to give you widescreen resolution.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...pic.php?t=1079

Nobody has reported whether using the +widescreen parameter fixes the FOV.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Was going to ask if it was even a true 16x9 and if your view was actually truely increased or was just formatted to look like real widescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                          If the shortcut doesn't work for you, go to your BF2 profile under your my documents/battlefied 2 and edit your video.con file. You'll see an entry in there with the current resolution settings. Just change that to what you want.
                          Most people who have edited the video.con file get booted to the desktop after starting the game. The shortcut should work, if it doesn't there's got to be some syntax issue :p

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                            Was going to ask if it was even a true 16x9 and if your view was actually truely increased or was just formatted to look like real widescreen.
                            I believe it's just a re-format of the screen. If I had the time I guess could do some screenshots to compare, but I'm happy with the way it looks :D

Comment

I crashed to the desktop when I ran it, tried it in windowed mode and coughed up an error of 100Hz, which my TV doesn't support. You can change it in this file if you have a problem:

C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\Video.con

You'll have to change it in your user profile as well
                              |TG| Lorian
                              Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...