ingame mic not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ingame mic not working

Hey when i load up bf2 my mic stops working and no one can hear me ingame.
    its weird because my mic works for everything else (TS, vent, cs, ns, dod, etc) but not bf2. i tried fooling around with the ingame mic setup but when i click test i cant hear anything. any suggestions? i'd really like to be able to use it ingame on the server :(

Re: ingame mic not working

The same thing happened to me yesterday (and someone else too, but I can't remember who). Have you tried it again since shutting down BF2? When I had that problem nothing fixed it except for restarting the game.
    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by millipede777
      The same thing happened to me yesterday (and someone else too, but I can't remember who). Have you tried it again since shutting down BF2? When I had that problem nothing fixed it except for restarting the game.
      everytime i luanch the game it doesnt work.. i have a usb headset, maybe this is why?
      i have a extra mic but its audio cables and i dont think i can get my audio cable mic to work with my usb headset headphones. :\

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
        everytime i luanch the game it doesnt work.. i have a usb headset, maybe this is why?
        i have a extra mic but its audio cables and i dont think i can get my audio cable mic to work with my usb headset headphones. :\
        Oh, well that sucks. :row__684: I really don't know what to do then. I'd suggest digging through the rest of the Bf2 tech support forum for answers. I know there have beens tons of threads regarding the in-game voice chat. Maybe you can find something in one of them. Good luck.
        AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

in BF2, have you set the USB audio device as the mic and not your soundcard? That may be your problem. Also, some people have issues running teamspeak and BF2 together. If you use teamspeak, start BF2 without it and see if VoIP works.
          Telorn

Comment

I had the same issue when BF2 first came out, and couldn't figure it out, my mic worked in everything else, ie, all other games that used voip, anyway, my mic Icon didn't even show up in game when I'd join a squad, couldn't even hear anyone else, what I did was, download the lastest audio drivers, I think its a common problem or it use to be with the realtek audio drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
              in BF2, have you set the USB audio device as the mic and not your soundcard? That may be your problem. Also, some people have issues running teamspeak and BF2 together. If you use teamspeak, start BF2 without it and see if VoIP works.
              do i have to do this in windows or in bf2? how do you do it in bf2?

Comment

I think you're right in BF2 not supporting selecting the audio device...it would be nice if it did! Then you could have a headset working like XBox live does..sound through speakers and voices through headset.

So, yes, you'd have to do it through windows. Go to the sound properties under control panel and change the recording device to your USB mic.

Your other programs may work because you were able to specify the audio device to use in those, whereas in BF2 you can't.
                Telorn

Comment

Note that I don't hear anything when I use the test thing, but people can hear what I am saying when I am actually in-game, doesn't sound like that's your problem but worth a try
                  |TG| Lorian
                  Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

This won't be your problem but is what happened to me last night.

When using FRAPS, if recording your mic will not work in game. I think this is because while recording the mic is muted or something. Anyway, stop recording and your mic comes back to life. I played last night for ages while recording without realising that no-one could hear a word I was saying.

[at][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
                      Note that I don't hear anything when I use the test thing, but people can hear what I am saying when I am actually in-game, doesn't sound like that's your problem but worth a try
                      You just have the mic volume muted in the volume options of Windows. This in no way effects the mic input setting. It's a nice way to set it up so you don't get feed back from your own voice when talking.
                      Telorn

Comment

thanks guys, i just changed that in the CP i cant log in right now but i'll try it soon and tell ya guys what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
                          thanks guys, i just changed that in the CP i cant log in right now but i'll try it soon and tell ya guys what happens.

off topic:

*psst*..stop by at NS now and then, havent seen ya in ages :)

Comment

If you have onboard nforce chipset audio check that the right mic input is selected. For some reason I have to use mic2 for mine(I didn't even realise I had to inputs, namely the one in the back and the one on the front panel until I figured it out).
                            --
                            VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...