New Account File Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Account File Info

I joined an in-house squad and had to make a new account to incorporate my new in-house tag (i.e. lTG-33rdl). The problem is when I tried to make my new account "lTG-33rdl NorCalRoach" I get an error message that says I can't make this account because the uniqueness of this name exists. I tried changing my e-mail and password with no luck. In the end I changed my name entirely to "lTG-33rdl Roach" and that worked out ok. Two questions:
    1) Anyway around this message so that I can have my original ID
    2) I know I've seen the thread before, but I'm having problems finding it- how do I move my files from my original account to new account? I'm afraid of being kicked out of the TG BF2 server w/ my new account name- Thanks.

Re: New Account File Info

Try without the space in the name, or maybe the name was too long?

Use the same ole method for getting your profile ID that you used on your original account.. Put that in your profile and you won't be kicked.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Please note that l and | are not the same character. I am not sure where you got the first pipe character, but you can try the other one, which is shift-\.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

You could also create an account with just your callsign and add the tag when you login (or in the settings file).

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
          You could also create an account with just your callsign and add the tag when you login (or in the settings file).
          Except the tag is too long... they're limited to six characters (or so I had read).
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by perry

Use the same ole method for getting your profile ID that you used on your original account.. Put that in your profile and you won't be kicked.
            So if I make a new account w/ a similar name the TG server won't recognize my new account and will kick me- correct? If that is so- do I have to register my new name with TG website and then put my profile ID in my new registered account from my original account to show my supporting member status? I used that hash program when I originally retrieved my profile ID- now it won't run and I'm not sure what the updated instructions mean when it says that key can be obtained on the menu bar...I know I know.... I'm retarded and confused...bare w/ me...any help would be appreciated. I'm probably making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Comment

A new BF2 account will make for a new BF2 Profile ID. Whatever that new Profile ID is, put it in your profile.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Thanks Poker I think I see the light now and made the changes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X