SF & "modified content" message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF & "modified content" message

When I first installed SF I was able to access the TG server and any public server. I didn't play SF much and hadn't touched it since before the 1.2 patch. This last Wednesday I was trying to access the TG SF server but received the "server doesn't allow unmodified content" message.

I've updated punk buster... restarted the machine and still have the same problem.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: SF & "modified content" message

EA's Help:

Question

"Must have unmodified content" or "Data differs from Server" errors.
    Answer

If your Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2 Special Forces installation has become corrupt, either through the use of unsupported modifications to the game, or a corrupted patch or installation, you may receive one of these errors when attempting to connect to an online game.

To resolve this issue, Battlefield 2 and any expansions must be uninstalled from your computer and reinstalled from scratch. This replaces corrupted game files and will allow you to connect to online games successfully

If you have Special Forces installed, you will need to uninstall that expansion first, then the regular version of Battlefield 2. These uninstalls can be done automatically by using the Uninstall Battlefield 2 or Uninstall Battlefield 2 Special Forces programs located in the respective game's Program folder in the Start menu. If the automatic uninstalls do not work, manual uninstalls can be performed by following the instructions located here for Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 Special Forces.

Once the games have been successfully uninstalled, reinstall them as you did before. You should now be able to access online games successfully.

Comment

Oh good lord....

... and just to add to the fun... I'm now getting this on the vanilla server.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

That is harsh.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by asch
          Oh good lord....

... and just to add to the fun... I'm now getting this on the vanilla server.
          It's all EVE's fault. :p

Comment

So tonight I figured I would uninstall SF and vanilla in an attempt to get SF working for this Saturday. After uninstalling both, I reboot my machine. It rolls through the BIOS, then restarts itself. Ok, I've had that happen before. No biggie. It always makes it through the second time around.

It starts loading up Windows. Ok, cool. I get to the login screen and the damn machine is in 640x480 (4-color mode). What the hell? I select to shut down and boot again. First boot and again the same thing. What is up with this 4-color shizzle? I log in and head straight to my video settings. It won't let me change anything. I check the video driver and it's the not the latest nvidia driver. I'm not sure what it was running... even the basic windows install handles more than four colors.

I reboot again. Ok, this time it hits the login screen. The resolution and color is ok. I log in to WinXP and right away get an unknown windows error. Damn piece of shizzle. Error reported... reboot again.

Back to four colors, minimum resolution. I load up IE and painfully navigate to the nvidia site and download the latest drivers. Installed and rebooted.

Phew! Machine appears to boot and load windows ok now. Of course I'm still without any form of battlefield. Now onto the tedious install.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Bleh, I feel your pain. I hate when things like that happen. If you continue to see erratic behaviour, try borrowing a memory stick off of someone. Memory insanity always shows up as mysterious errors and reboots.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

No luck...

I reinstalled vanilla and the 1.12 patch with no problems. I then installed SF and received the dreaded "md5error: ....somezipfile.zip" error. I continued the install and then installed the 1.2 patch.

Vanilla plays great. SF loads and I can play single player. But I still get the "unmodified content" error when attepting to join any SF server.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

No luck...

I reinstalled vanilla and the 1.12 patch with no problems. I then installed SF and received the dreaded "md5error: ....somezipfile.zip" error. I continued the install and then installed the 1.2 patch.

Vanilla plays great. SF loads and I can play single player. But I still get the "unmodified content" error when attepting to join any SF server.

I think someone told me when I asked about what to install in what order was that I should install BF2 first then Special Forces, as it patches the game to 1.1, I think. Then you should patch it to 1.2 no need to use the 1.12 patch. I believe I got this right, I'll check the post that it was in to be sure.

Just checked the post and that is correct as long as you install the full 1.2 patch after first installing BF2 then SF.
                  |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

No luck...

To me, an md5 error like that would indicate an IO error of some sort.. assuming BF2's md5 checking is good. Get a memtest86 ISO or download prime95 and let it down a stress test for an hour or two. Any problems on either program and you have a hardware problem. I'd start looking at the RAM (especially w/ a memtest86 error).
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                    | for | |

Comment

BF2:SF - Modified Content Message

Hi all,

yesterady, I was extremely dissapointed when I tried to take part in the TG SF Scrim, only to notice that I got an error message when accessing the server. The message was something like "You've been booted due to modified content.".

People informed me on TeamSpeak that this was a problem some users were experienceing when trying to play SPecial Forces after patch 1.2 .

I tried a few things to solve this problem, but all failed miserably.
                      Here's what I tried:

A) reinstall patch 1.2 . This did not work.

B) uninstalled Special Forces. Re-downloaded SF from EA Online; I purchased my copy online when it came out. One hour later, I re-installed SF. Immediately after, I applied patch 1.2 . This did not work. I still get the same error message.

C) I read on a few forums for possible solutions. One of them involves uninstalling everything (SF, BF2, etc) and playing in the registry to make sure everything was removed from the game uninstall, etc. MAN, there is NO WAY I am uninstalling and re-installnig everything! This is going to take forever! I have the TG MOD installed, and new maps, etc. I'm not going through all that trouble again.

So, what happened with partch 1.2?? Did it break SF or what?! And did it only affect people who purchased the online copy of SF, or some users with the hard copy of SF experience the same problem?

Makes me wonder... How could they possibly break an expension pack with a patch? Geee....

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks!
                      |TG|drjones666

Comment

Re: BF2:SF - Modified Content Message

I had the same thing happen to me. And i have yet to figure out how to fix it. I was able to play before the 1.12 patch.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Are you guys using the full patch or the incremental patch? Maybe try the full thing instead?
                          Battlefield Admin() ()
                          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                          | for | |

Comment

I tried both
                            |TG|drjones666

Comment

Originally posted by DrJOnes666
                              I tried both