Roll when Prone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll when Prone

Just a quickie, I saw a few players last night roll to one side when they dive into the prone position, just how do they do that!
    |TG-E1st| India51A

Re: Roll when Prone

It's not something the player is consciously doing. It's just an animation that will sometimes appear when a player moves left or right when prone. I don't believe it has any affect on gameplay other than looking pretty cool :)

Comment

Yep that's right. In fact we are always doing the same thing when we go prone right after left/right strafe, but we can't see oureselves from the outside.
      I'll keep on following your steps...

[tg-c1][conduct][medic]. . .. ... .....

Comment

Ok thanks for that, I thought I was missing a trick. :row__572:
        |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

Sometimes I wish the screen tumbled for the player that prone rolls heheh. That'd screw them up.

-StubbedToe

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant
            Sometimes I wish the screen tumbled for the player that prone rolls heheh. That'd screw them up.
            You joke, but seriously I agree. It is far too easy to run, jump, dive, roll, etc. and maintain your bearings and control of your weapon. After flopping prone it should take you at least a second or two to get your rifle back to your shoulder and acquire a target.
            |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

It's a necessary ballance between arcade and realism. We can go too far if we start to re-think all unrealistic things in the game. For ex., how can anyone jump off a two-storied building and successfully deploy a parashute? Reviving after being blown up from an Eryx and such... many things.
              I'll keep on following your steps...

[tg-c1][conduct][medic]. . .. ... .....

Comment

Originally posted by Macrobeus
                It's a necessary ballance between arcade and realism. We can go too far if we start to re-think all unrealistic things in the game. For ex., how can anyone jump off a two-storied building and successfully deploy a parashute? Reviving after being blown up from an Eryx and such... many things.
                Man, I've been deploying parachutes from two story buildings since I was ten. Heheh, but yeah, you're right.

-StubbedToe

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant

On America's army they had that. That was sweet. When you were prone, you'd hit the lean button I believe, and of you go rolling to the side for about a meter or two, screen rolling around too. I can assure you guys, this is not irritating, you couldn't shoot while rolling anyway. That was a great feature, giving you a different option to avoid things in prone pos. Damn that game was soo well finished, yet so immensly boring if you're not a top player.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl
                    On America's army they had that. That was sweet. When you were prone, you'd hit the lean button I believe, and of you go rolling to the side for about a meter or two, screen rolling around too. I can assure you guys, this is not irritating, you couldn't shoot while rolling anyway. That was a great feature, giving you a different option to avoid things in prone pos. Damn that game was soo well finished, yet so immensly boring if you're not a top player.
                    It'd be annoying in BF2, because you can't really control it. Maybe if they had a lean ability in BF2.

-StubbedToe

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl
                      you couldn't shoot while rolling anyway.
                      That is totally unrealistic. I've seen Die Hard.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

For unrealistic, try flying up to like 1000m then jump out, if you land in the water you survive
                        |TG| Lorian
                        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
                          For unrealistic, try flying up to like 1000m then jump out, if you land in the water you survive
                          Little known fact is that you can jump into the pool on Oman from the Hotel without your chute. Even lesser known fact is that trying this and landing on a tank which fell in the pool will kill you. :)

And I totally agree that diving/rolling and then nailing someone with a 20 m headshot with your sniper rifle is bad. Would it be so hard for them to blank the crosshairs until a second after the animation completes?
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

There was a pretty sweet total conversion mod for UT2k4 called SAS which had a very impressive roll feature that felt pretty realistic. But, sadly, most people played that horrible RO game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian

Yes true, however if you then swim to the shore, your karma will kill you the instant you touch the beach! (unless they fixed that in patch, but i doubt it)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X