Spotted, need ammo, need medic binds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted, need ammo, need medic binds

I did a search for this question but only found the question without an answer :row__523:

Is there a way to bind a single key to spot enemies? I want to also have a key to call for ammo and medic. I understand that i would need 3 keys bound for all of this.
    Meister

Re: Spotted, need ammo, need medic binds

I have been wondering the same thing so this is a shameless *BUMP*...
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Hi Guys,

What you are asking for is entirely possible. Previously I only had a one button press for spotted using my Nostromo N52 Speedpad (use that all the time), also had a one button press on my joystick using a program called Autohotkey. Recently though I was experimenting with Voice Recognition and Commo Rose interaction and we have gotten it to work smoothly. It uses a freeware program called "Shoot 1.6.4" this simulates keypresses based on your command. However the standard commo rose interaction involves holding 'Q' and moving the mouse as you know. But a wondeful contribution by DosX on the TotalBF2 forums allows you to assign Commo Rose interaction functions to the Numpad, this allows them to be keypresses and thus easily used.

Unfortunately it seems I can't post the link to the other thread until I have 15 or more posts so if you search on TotalBF2 you'll see a thread called "BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0" or just search for posts by me. Once teh Commo Rose can be accessed via the Nunmpad anything is possible, using AutoHotkey or JoyToKey can help you instantly spot, shout for medic, ammo etc.

Comment

It's actually a freeware one we started using in the thread. It's called "Shoot 1.6.4", a quick google will bring it up. I posted a thread on this forum under general discussion entitled "Voice Recognition and Commo Rose interaction in BF2". I'll edit it with links when I get enough posts and i'm off my probation hehe.

Comment

Heres a thread on how to do this (provided by Lanserschrek): http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...field-2-a.html

Comment

Many thanks for posting the link DrunkenSoul

Comment

Originally posted by Lanserschrek
              Hi Guys,

What you are asking for is entirely possible. Previously I only had a one button press for spotted using my Nostromo N52 Speedpad (use that all the time), also had a one button press on my joystick using a program called Autohotkey. Recently though I was experimenting with Voice Recognition and Commo Rose interaction and we have gotten it to work smoothly. It uses a freeware program called "Shoot 1.6.4" this simulates keypresses based on your command. However the standard commo rose interaction involves holding 'Q' and moving the mouse as you know. But a wondeful contribution by DosX on the TotalBF2 forums allows you to assign Commo Rose interaction functions to the Numpad, this allows them to be keypresses and thus easily used.

Unfortunately it seems I can't post the link to the other thread until I have 15 or more posts so if you search on TotalBF2 you'll see a thread called "BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0" or just search for posts by me. Once teh Commo Rose can be accessed via the Nunmpad anything is possible, using AutoHotkey or JoyToKey can help you instantly spot, shout for medic, ammo etc.
              Hey Lanser,

I tried out just the controls.con setting to see if it would work manually. I entered the info from the other post you made. It will bring up the commo rose and the movement keys work but the key for the selection doesn't. If I read the controls.con entry correctly I would have to press zero(0 keypad) to make the selection. Am I correct? If so it isn't working.
              Meister

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt_Meister
                Hey Lanser,

I tried out just the controls.con setting to see if it would work manually. I entered the info from the other post you made. It will bring up the commo rose and the movement keys work but the key for the selection doesn't. If I read the controls.con entry correctly I would have to press zero(0 keypad) to make the selection. Am I correct? If so it isn't working.
                Hey there Pvt_Meister,

Thanks for trying it out. I'm in work at the mo and can't confirm this on my PC but I've had access to the TotalBF2 posts describing this and my Shoot profile. It looks to me that it's actually the '5' key which makes the selection. The '0' key only serves to bring up the Spotted sub-menu where you can manually specify boat, planes etc. So try it with the '5' key and that should get you working. Drop me a line if there is an issue. Hope this gets you up and running.

Comment

Actually I just further checked the TotalBF2 post, DosX the guy who originally came up with the Numpad controls.con idea posted the sequence of keys and what commands they issued for future reference ...

I just wanted to add this, keep it all in one place.

After modifying the Controls.con file, these are the NUMBERPAD keystrokes and commands:

Q 5 Enemy Spotted
                  Q 4 5 Thanks
                  Q 4 2 5 Need Medic
                  Q 4 8 5 Roger
                  Q 4 8 8 5 Need Backup
                  Q 6 5 Sorry
                  Q 6 2 5 Need Ammo
                  Q 6 8 5 Negative
                  Q 6 8 8 5 Need Ride/Get In
                  Q 2 5 Follow Me
                  Q 8 5 Go Go Go

And the Squad Leader keys:

T 5 Attack This Position
                  T 2 5 Defense
                  T 8 5 Move to This Position
                  T 4 5 Supplies Needed
                  T 4 2 5 Repairs Needed
                  T 4 8 5 UAV Requested
                  T 6 5 Need Orders
                  T 6 2 5 Destroy (Demolition)
                  T 6 8 5 Artillery

Comment

Originally posted by Lanserschrek
                    Hey there Pvt_Meister,

Thanks for trying it out. I'm in work at the mo and can't confirm this on my PC but I've had access to the TotalBF2 posts describing this and my Shoot profile. It looks to me that it's actually the '5' key which makes the selection. The '0' key only serves to bring up the Spotted sub-menu where you can manually specify boat, planes etc. So try it with the '5' key and that should get you working. Drop me a line if there is an issue. Hope this gets you up and running.

I gave it a try again. First problem was that the zero and 5 key lines in my controls.con had been removed. Since I first tried I did play Special Forces so maybe that forced it back to defaults? But the lines in the controls.con for the 2,8,4 and 6 keys were still there....... I don't know.. lol.

I added the lines back are restarted the game but had the same problem. I use the J key to bring up the selection menu, the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys do work for moving around but neither the 5 or 0 key have any effect. I did verify that after it failed, I quit the game and checked the control.con file. All lines were in there correctly. I did copy and paste your how to for these lines directly so is there a syntax error?

ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookX IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad6 IDKey_Numpad4 1

ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookY IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0

ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookY IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad2 IDKey_Numpad8 1

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad5 0 1

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIAltOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad0 0 1

Wadda ya think?

P.S...... I know your at work... so no rush :madsmile:
                    Meister

Comment

Thanks for the tip Lanserschrek. As stated in the previous thread I used to use Shoot, but found the program was sometimes non-responsive.

I implemented these keybinds to work with VAC this morning - absolutely flawless (and if anyone would like a copy of my VAC profile, just ask, will gladly pass it on).

I now use Voice Activated Command - VAC ($10 for lifetime licence). I have found this gem of a program to be 100% reliable. The author is constantly upgrading/refining too. He listens to user feedback, and will incorporate any good suggestions at the next upgrade.

(By the way, I am nothing to do with this program, its just that I know an excellent program when I see one, and, just like this site, I dont mind supporting quality products).

A damn site cheaper than GameVoice/GameBuddy.

No messing about with XML documents either, really easy to put your voice commands in to the VAC builder, test, then save.

Fully functioning trial for 30 days at : http://www.dwvac.com

Program review : http://www.airwarfare.com/AWX/featur...vac_review.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt_Meister
                        I gave it a try again. First problem was that the zero and 5 key lines in my controls.con had been removed. Since I first tried I did play Special Forces so maybe that forced it back to defaults? But the lines in the controls.con for the 2,8,4 and 6 keys were still there....... I don't know.. lol.

I added the lines back are restarted the game but had the same problem. I use the J key to bring up the selection menu, the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys do work for moving around but neither the 5 or 0 key have any effect. I did verify that after it failed, I quit the game and checked the control.con file. All lines were in there correctly. I did copy and paste your how to for these lines directly so is there a syntax error?

ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookX IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad6 IDKey_Numpad4 1

ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookY IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0

ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookY IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad2 IDKey_Numpad8 1

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad5 0 1

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIAltOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad0 0 1

Wadda ya think?

P.S...... I know your at work... so no rush :madsmile:
                        Hehe, I've been in the same situation as you Meister. The first time I was drawn to editing the controls.con was when Special Forces (so don't worry it's not SF resetting the file as the same file is for vanilla BF2 and SF) was released because I have all my weapons assigned to my MX1000 mouse but of course along come SF with it's gas mask and night vision goggles and I had nowhere to assign them for fast access.

Anyway I discovered the controls.con and experimented with using rolling mouse wheel up for mask and rolling mouse wheel down for goggles. I alse discovered the controls.con has a pretty strong instinct for self-preservation hehe. It often resets itself to the last configuration when firing up BF2 or SF. So the method that seems to always work for me is to ...

1. Ensure BF2 isn't running. Backup your 'controls.con' file to an entirely separate folder (if you are missing the original, just create a new singleplayer profile in BF2 and you'll find a clean controls.con in a new folder under profiles eg. \My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002)

2. Make a copy of the above edited file, edit this one to your desired settings.

3. Copy this file back into \My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 or whichever profile is your primary one. Ensure the file is renamed to 'controls.con' and make sure there are no backup copies of it in the directory.

4. Start up BF2 again and hopefully your new key bindings will have successfully taken effect.

I'll compare your lines later with mine. In the meantime if you get to try this out let me know the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Sssnake_Eyes
                          Thanks for the tip Lanserschrek. As stated in the previous thread I used to use Shoot, but found the program was sometimes non-responsive.

I implemented these keybinds to work with VAC this morning - absolutely flawless (and if anyone would like a copy of my VAC profile, just ask, will gladly pass it on).

I now use Voice Activated Command - VAC ($10 for lifetime licence). I have found this gem of a program to be 100% reliable. The author is constantly upgrading/refining too. He listens to user feedback, and will incorporate any good suggestions at the next upgrade.

(By the way, I am nothing to do with this program, its just that I know an excellent program when I see one, and, just like this site, I dont mind supporting quality products).

A damn site cheaper than GameVoice/GameBuddy.

No messing about with XML documents either, really easy to put your voice commands in to the VAC builder, test, then save.
                          As stated in the other thread Sssnake_Eyes many thanks for the software recommendation. I hope to try it out.

Comment

Have paid you the curtesy of a reply in the other thread Lanserschrek. I really appreciate you bringing the workaround (via Keyboard commands) of the Commo/Squad Rose to our attention - thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X