Some way to give round a unique id?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some way to give round a unique id?

I was thinking that maybe you could get the server to give each round a unique id then put it in the forum database. Then mod the forum so there is an input box in the AAR forum for the id, so it can automatically find all the details about that match. And maybe give a marker next to the topic name in the list if you were in that match. Just an idea, probably can't be done, but it'd be cool.
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Re: Some way to give round a unique id?

I think something like this was thought of way back in September. I cant remember the full reason for not doing this but i think it had something to do with not being able to capture the data or storing it. Its a really good idea and would be used a lot.

I mean any way to keep "holiday nick's" AARs Truthful and non-exaggerated is always welcome
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I am currently collecting data from the server that could be used as a basis for tracking rounds/players/scores. It's under test atm, but when its ready I'll be making it available to the community.

[at][unit]

Comment

Sounds good :)
        |TG| Lorian

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
          I mean any way to keep "holiday nick's" AARs Truthful and non-exaggerated is always welcome
          LOL!
          :D

Yes, it did come up some time ago. It would be possible to do some kind of automated AAR generator, but someone would have to do the work. Are you volunteering? ;)

One challenge would be defining what makes a round worth collecting. During the day, there are many rounds which go by with 10 or less players. I don't think you would want your AAR's cluttered by those rounds, but then sometimes you get really good 5 vs 5 games before prime-time.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I know only PHP, I wouldn't know how to set it up on the server.

Anyway, what could be done is set up a table in the database and put all the round data in there, and if an AAR hasn't been posted after say a day, then remove it. Keeping only the ones with associated threads
            |TG| Lorian

Comment

What would be really useful would be to store more data on the rounds. Like the players Squad and role. You would need to add something to Tacmod for that.

Currently, it's only possible to find out what team everyone is on.

[at][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X