Euro Force Multiple Accounts and login name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Force Multiple Accounts and login name

Ive got a feeling this may come up quite a bit and its a problem i had. So, here are a couple of links to sort you out.

You must have Euro Forces installed to play.

Multiple login names are going to be a pain.

Looks like you would have to change your gamespy ID every time you want to play with a different login name. You can only change the gamespy ID 3 times a week though. If its important to you to play with two different logins on different occasions you will probably need to buy it twice....
    General EA downlaoder FAQ:http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62042

Edit: and i cant edit the spelling mistake in the title....my incompetent typing is frozen up there ad infinitum.
    Last edited by JimmyTwoHand; 03-14-2006, 09:14 PM.

Re: Euro Force Mulitple Accounts and login name

Since I was confused at first too, here's where you can edit the name. I didn't have that option the first time or two I played for some reason. Note that you can only change it 3 times per week.
    Last edited by perry; 06-28-2007, 09:09 PM.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

That is going to be a massive PITA.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Yeah, this is garbage. I use 2 accounts, one at TG and one on pub servers. If TG supports it all the time then it won't be an issue :D

Comment

And, to make matters worse, if you screw up with the name and put in one that doesn't exist, that counts as a change. EA REALLY screwed the pooch on this one folks.. Dealing with Gamespy was probably their first mistake.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Can you buy euro-force on CD like Specops? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

And JMJ - what is your other ID/name? I'd like to stay away from those server. Don't like those headshots. Except when you don't play sniper and I can join your squad.

Comment

Nope, dont think so. Just the download.

Comment

I just went ahead and Changed my GAMESPY name to acth the one I use in BF2.

I'll use the same account for eveything ....
                |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
                  I just went ahead and Changed my GAMESPY name to acth the one I use in BF2.

I'll use the same account for eveything ....
                  What do you mean? I have 2 logins I use at the BF2 login screen. One for TG and one for pub play. Are you saying you can set gamespy to something so that it works with both names?

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
                    Can you buy euro-force on CD like Specops? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

And JMJ - what is your other ID/name? I'd like to stay away from those server. Don't like those headshots. Except when you don't play sniper and I can join your squad.
                    Hmm....I can't remember ;)

Comment

Oh boy, now I'm confused. I logged into gamespy and I see 2 accounts there that I created, neither of which is my " |TG-7th|JMJ " account that I use here. Does this mean that I won't be able to use EF here at TG??????

Someone help!

FYI, I have not even logged on since installing it yesterday, I was working :(

Comment

Right men, as far as im aware at the moment

1, Your gamespy nicname HAS to be the same as ! of your BF2 accounts

Ie me, |TG-E1st| Rock bf2, and gamespy nicname the same!

Now heres where i screwed it up, I have 2 accounts also, 1 for TG and my old account for pub raids.

My username on gamespy was my email address for some unknown reason, now when i went to log in to euro force, the error message came up saying please install euro force or buy it!!!

so i manage to suss out the problem but did not know you had 3 changes in a week, so i missed out the line ie |TG-E1st Rock. | that line there i missed out on my last change of nickname, hence it will not work now until im allowed next week to change it

Why they ever did this is beyond me, and why did they not mention this either!!!

Hope this helps you out

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by Rock
                          Right men, as far as im aware at the moment

1, Your gamespy nicname HAS to be the same as ! of your BF2 accounts

Ie me, |TG-E1st| Rock bf2, and gamespy nicname the same!

Now heres where i screwed it up, I have 2 accounts also, 1 for TG and my old account for pub raids.

My username on gamespy was my email address for some unknown reason, now when i went to log in to euro force, the error message came up saying please install euro force or buy it!!!

so i manage to suss out the problem but did not know you had 3 changes in a week, so i missed out the line ie |TG-E1st Rock. | that line there i missed out on my last change of nickname, hence it will not work now until im allowed next week to change it

Why they ever did this is beyond me, and why did they not mention this either!!!

Hope this helps you out
                          Yeah, they really screwed up by not going into detail about this before people bought it. I bought it and used my pub name, so I'm going to try and login with that when I get home, then I'll try the TG server after that. EA really needs to remove the 3 change a week restriction (it's not a gamespy restriction).

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                            Yeah, they really screwed up by not going into detail about this before people bought it. I bought it and used my pub name, so I'm going to try and login with that when I get home, then I'll try the TG server after that. EA really needs to remove the 3 change a week restriction (it's not a gamespy restriction).

Yeah they did

I would of thought they would of stated on the download or buy screen that you have to use your bf2 login name to play euro force

But then again we are talking about EA!

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

I doubt this is going to happen any time soon. They have either implemented this to prevent some sort of abuse or to try to make those who have multiple users or accounts on the PC buy seperate copies.

What do you mean? I have 2 logins I use at the BF2 login screen. One for TG and one for pub play. Are you saying you can set gamespy to something so that it works with both names?
                              As far as i know, no. Not yet anyway. The only way to do that is changing the GS nickname which runs into the 3 changes a week problem. It seems you will just have to pick the account you use most and run with that until all the whinging gets some results.

Oh boy, now I'm confused. I logged into gamespy and I see 2 accounts there that I created, neither of which is my " |TG-7th|JMJ " account that I use here. Does this mean that I won't be able to use EF here at TG??????
                              Im not sure about your two accounts at GS....you are changing the nick through EA downloader, right? Is the "|TG-7th|" part a prefix you added? That wont show up....It seems you will be forced into choosing one account to play EF with though. Either playing EF in the pubs with your TG account or playing EF at TG with your pub account. Either way it sucks, your right.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X