Smooth mouse aiming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth mouse aiming

Hi everyone, first off, I apologize if this has been posted before, but "aiming" didn't bring anything up in the search, nor "mouse", and "aim" is too short.

Anyways, I don't snipe very often, but has anyone else noticed that you can't move in a direction by a single pixel? It always seems to jump 3 or 4, so sometimes you can't quite aim at someone's head, and find yourself shimmying around on your stomach to try to get a good shot. Is there any way to fix this? I seem to recall that someone mentioned tweaking mouse settings both in game and out of game, but I can't seem to get it. Has anyone else had success?

Thanks,
    Nick

Re: Smooth mouse aiming

There is a sensitivity setting in BF2(bottom left in controls). Decreasing this however will affect all mouse sensitivity while you are on foot so although it will be better for fine tuning your sniping it will make it hard to react quickly to a new threat axis. I suppose you have to decide if that is worht the trade off.

In my experience(and not a huge amount sniping) at closer ranges that pixel doesnt seem to make too much difference as you have a large target. Further away and the cone of fire effect will probably render it a moot point.

I stand ready to be corrected by one of the crackshot snipers though.

Comment

I've never had a problem with it jumping around that much. What kind of mouse are you using? If you have the senseitivity on your mouse turned way up as well as the in-game sensitivity then you might have a hard time hitting anything because you could bump the mouse and spin all the way around. (Some people have seen me do this in game when I'm bored. I jack up the sensitivity and spin around like crazy. It sounds really strange when you have stereo sound)

I have a little more trouble aiming in BF2 than in some other games (especially the presicion shots), but that's because I have to run it at a lower resolution, so each movement is a little bit bigger.
      AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by nick.spacek
        Hi everyone, first off, I apologize if this has been posted before, but "aiming" didn't bring anything up in the search, nor "mouse", and "aim" is too short.

Anyways, I don't snipe very often, but has anyone else noticed that you can't move in a direction by a single pixel? It always seems to jump 3 or 4, so sometimes you can't quite aim at someone's head, and find yourself shimmying around on your stomach to try to get a good shot. Is there any way to fix this? I seem to recall that someone mentioned tweaking mouse settings both in game and out of game, but I can't seem to get it. Has anyone else had success?

Thanks,
        Nick

I know this post is older, but Nick, you should think about getting the Logictech G5 mouse. It has such a high dpi (2000) that you can move one pixal at a time, also it has a button on top so you can instantly change the mouse sensitivty on the fly, from normal, high, and low. They have a wired and wireless version., G5, and G7. Also you can weight the mouse so it has the perfect feel for you. Best gaming mouse I ever used.

(I can't make urls until I have 15 posts so you'll have to type it in)

Logitech® G5 Laser Mouse - Wired

Laser Cordless Mouse

And while I'm talking about logitech, they also have a great headset/mic for gaming, it goes behind the head and has a volume and mic off/on switch on the headset itself.

Logitech® Extreme PC Gaming Headset

Not sure if you still have this problem, but this mouse is truly a gaming mouse.
        ------
        [TG]Mastro
        Member since April 2006

Comment

You can't move 1 pixel at a time in BF2, I don't know why but it's the game not the mouse or sensitivity. I've played this game with a MX512, then switched to a G7 with 3 sensitivity settings, played at 1024x768, played at 1680x1050, it never changed the fact you cannot move the crosshair less than 3-4 pixels at a time in this game.

Comment

Usually the crosshairs are way to thick to even notice that pixel, especially with the M95. Type88/L96A1 crosshairs are the best are they are very thin, lowering the mouse sensitivity will reduce the amount of moving, but in close combat this can get you killed.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
            BF2142 Names:
            Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
            Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
            Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
            Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement