Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Rate Troubles !!!

I got a wierd thing going on..

I tried to play BF2 tonight and the frame rate was just to terrible to play. It seems like all is going in slow motion and very jerky. This is in both multi-player and single-player too !!

It even starts when the game loads and you see the EA sign and the dice sign, all that is slow motion including the audio..??????

It played just fine the past two nights, no problems at all.

What is different is I installed or went from 1 gig of Ram to 2 gigs.

Any ideas ?????

Thanks,
    Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Re: Frame Rate Troubles !!!

Hi Bill, the only cause of the problem that I can think of is that your second gig of ram may have a high latency (low speed), meaning your faster 1 gig ram will slow clock it self down to match the speed of your new slow 1 gig of ram. Try unplugging the second gig of ram and see how things work out

Ed

[cross][conduct]
    Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Is your Hard drive going crazy? Maybe you have some other issue. It sounds a bit strange. Did you do anything else when you installed the extra RAM?

[at][unit]

Comment

I hope this isn't the case...but is it possible the new ram is bad??? I'd do like Ed suggested and take the new ram out and see what happens.

good luck,

Chappie

Comment

What are the brands of the sticks of ram? Are they different?

Is it 4x512 or 2x1GB?

Comment

Ok I got an update.....

It seems that the problem self corrected..

I did everything last night to see what the problem was, re-installed the RAM, installed new video card drivers you name it I tried it, then tried to play BF2, NOPE same problem.
            I took a break watched some TV, my son got home around 11pm and I told him about it, he is real computer savy so he said, let's take a look. I started BF2 and low and behold it played just fine !!

Not sure what happened and why it self corrected, but hey I'm not complaining !!

So thanks for all the tips, but as for now it's working ok !

Thanks !
            Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

That's the way these things usually work, Bill. The computer guy comes around and all of a sudden the problem disappears and you look crazy... I've dealt with lots of crazy people in my short career ;)
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

O my... thats what my bro said all the time... before he always fix my ocmputer and most of the time it self corrects when my bro touches it without anythinig. So iwas called Mr. Hated By Computers by my family all the time...

Ed

[cross][conduct]
                Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X