• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 lag reduction

Bf2 fixes,have a look

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Bf2 lag reduction

Interesting. I use some of those already, but the new ones sound interesting. Does anyone use alternate drivers (like Warcats for ATI which is linked to from that page) and what has been your experience with those?
    Beatnik

Comment

Before i try any of these, i want to know how reliable these are. Any chance of completely screwing up my computer or game by doing any of these?

Comment

I have no idea how the drivers would work, perhaps google them and see if there is any reviews on the drivers your looking at?

Comment

This looks promising. I'm getting tired of running the game at 100 ping. I'm going to try some of these today to see if I can drop it down some.

+rep for an awesome find!!

[volun][drill]
          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

none of those will do much for your ping I'm afraid.

Comment

100 ping is perfectly normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                Dude, 100 is heaven. I run at 210 most of the time.

Examples of fun stuff that happens at 200 ping:
                • Usually takes 8 client-registered hits to kill someone.
                • Empty a full clip into someone and have them pistol you in the face. I know this happens to a lot of people, but I have tested this and there have been times where I have asked someone on TeamSpeak whether they saw me shooting and they say they didn't see a single shot fired.
                • Someone kills you after you successfully knife them. Now that is hilarity.

It's all in good fun though. I have adapted to my high latency and barely even notice it now :)
                I haven't played with that much ping since 56k descent. However, the someone kills you after you successfully knife them thing - yea thats the awesomeness that is BF2's hit detection. Happens to me constantly and I average 50 ping to TG servers.

Comment

Nice. Thanks Rock. I have 4 GB of memory but still see page files used. Figures it's a manual fix, but now it's done. Now we'll see if I can stop verifying client data...

For those with lag issues: http://bf2lag.b0x.com/bf2lagmovie.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                    Dude, 100 is heaven. I run at 210 most of the time.

Examples of fun stuff that happens at 200 ping:
                    • Usually takes 8 client-registered hits to kill someone.
                    • Empty a full clip into someone and have them pistol you in the face. I know this happens to a lot of people, but I have tested this and there have been times where I have asked someone on TeamSpeak whether they saw me shooting and they say they didn't see a single shot fired.
                    • Someone kills you after you successfully knife them. Now that is hilarity.

It's all in good fun though. I have adapted to my high latency and barely even notice it now :)

I am not alone! Who knew!

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik
                      I am not alone! Who knew!
                      Let's form a club ;)

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                      |TG-2nd|munchkin
                      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

When i had my old cpu with a radeon 9800 pro, i used to frequent usa servers and my ping was the same as it as now, but it was awful to play with, lagging asll over the place and getting killed from what semmed no where!!

But now i have my new cpu the ping is still the same but i suffer from no lag what so ever, and its all commpletey standard

So to really fix some issuse i would say upgrade as much as you can afford

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                          Now we'll see if I can stop verifying client data...
                          how do u make it stop verifying client data??

Comment

Originally posted by Bhack
                            I haven't played with that much ping since 56k descent. However, the someone kills you after you successfully knife them thing - yea thats the awesomeness that is BF2's hit detection. Happens to me constantly and I average 50 ping to TG servers.
                            It's not the hit detection that is the problem, but a combination of lag and client/server prediction. If it was just a bug it could be fixed. Unfortunately we are still constrained by the laws of physics :D

[at][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by smallfatcat
                              It's not the hit detection that is the problem, but a combination of lag and client/server prediction. If it was just a bug it could be fixed. Unfortunately we are still constrained by the laws of physics :D

This is why we grabbed Smallfatcat before anyone else could. neener neener neeeeeener! :D
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X