USB Mic Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Mic Problems

Hi all recently got a new USB headset all shiny and fresh - trouble is BF2 doesn't pic up my mic at all. I can hear fine during game. Mic works fine everywhere else - but not BF2.

Any ideas? Doesn't get picked up in the BF2Voicesetup either. Help! I want my shiny new toy to work!!!!

Re: USB Mic Problems

Welcome to TG Kozinski. Be sure to read the BF2 SOPs, etc.

First off, what brand/model headset do you have?

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Well to select my headset I choose the C-Media USB Headset. The brand name is mikomi.

Comment

Originally posted by Kozinski
        Thank you for the warm welcome.

Well to select my headset I choose the C-Media USB Headset. The brand name is mikomi.
        I'm not familiar with Mikomi. Do you have a model # that I could look up? If it's USB and seen as a USB device in your audio properties BF2 should see it.

Comment

Model number is... HS 819 USB.

I couldn't find anything on the web about it other than the place I bought it, Argos.

Comment

A strange evolution..

I can now get the mic to work in BF2VoiceSetup.exe - but not in the threshold test during game.

When playing the game when i press V or B I get a green icon of a loudspeaker - if i shout it goes red.

I've yet to have an opportunity to test it with a human - but does this suggest that its working in game?

Comment

Before I have had nothing at all show up on the threshold test in game, but it works with talking to people, so try it with another human
              |TG| Lorian
              Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I had a similar problem with my old sound card, my mic would work til i started up bf2 and it would not work.

Easy fix for me, uncheck mute in audio settings

Not sure why this happened to me, but its worth a try to see if this could be the problem?

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by Rock
                  I had a similar problem with my old sound card, my mic would work til i started up bf2 and it would not work.

Easy fix for me, uncheck mute in audio settings

Not sure why this happened to me, but its worth a try to see if this could be the problem?
                  Correct me if i'm wrong but his USB headset wont connect to the soundcard. It won't use the sound card either to produce sound.

Comment

Nup no good - nobody could hear me :(

Definately not muted - and icon comes up and truns red as if too loud.

Bizarre - anyone else had this problem?

Comment

My USB headet (Plantronics DSP-500) has NEVER worked with the threshold test but I've never had a problem with it in-game.

Comment

Originally posted by XS-StrikeEagle
                        Correct me if i'm wrong but his USB headset wont connect to the soundcard. It won't use the sound card either to produce sound.
                        I believe you are correct Strike. Someone told me that you won't experience the benefits of the sound card (including FPS increase) by using the USB port.

Kozinski- try going into the control panel/sound settings and double check that you have your voice/record input coming from your onboard sound and not your sound card (if you have one). That's the only thing I could think of considering the other suggestions made already.

One more thing- I had a USB mic/headset and had problems with Teamspeak and BF2 Voip conflicts. It was a bizarre thing because ppl could hear me in both programs from the start, but after a while one of the programs would quit- either ppl could hear me in Teamspeak or ppl could hear me in BF2 and not both. I dropped the USB headset and got one that plugged right into the sound card and didn't have any problems after that. Thought I'd give you a heads up just in case you experience something similar after you resolved your first issue.

Comment

It works after all - must have been silly people i tried it on on first!

But was chatting quite happily today - all good

Comment

i'm having the same issue, i have a Plantronics Audio .650 USB, and it doesnt work with BF2, it works fine with skype and the built in Control panel sound settings (not BF2)
                            but the BF2 threshold test doesnt work, and the ingame menu settings test doesnt work neither, i havent tried with humans yet,Žbut will do in a sec...

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

problem solved, i just moved the slider a bit and then applied, and suddenly BF2 recognized my mic. even tough i tried this before, i dont know what made it work now...
                              (the TG magic??!?!?!?!?!?!)

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...