Connection issues in game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection issues in game

Lately (beginning friday I think) I've been having some serious lag and connection issues in game. My ping will randomly jump anywhere from 75 (my normal ping) to 300, usually stabillizing around 150. Sometimes I'll get the "There is a problem with your connection" message for a few seconds, but then it goes back to normal. I don't have any other programs going on at the same time. Is there a way to know if it's a problem with my connection or with the game, or what? I really know nothing about this kind of stuff, and I'm completely lost.

Re: Connection issues in game

I'm having the same problem since patching 1.22. I am also crashing to desktop ('nother thread entirely). I wonder if we have a bad patch. Did you do the full or incremental?

Comment

I did incremental. I think that might be it. Maybe we should uninstall and do full?

Comment

I'm DLing the full patch and going to just try to overwrite with that. Last time I uninstalled, I could not reinstall Special Forces and had to reimage my disk. I expect if I uninstall this time I'll have problems with Europack too.

Comment

Are you on a wireless connection by any chance?

I get that all the time. I have no idea what causes it. I just assume it's the wireless losing alot of packets thus causing the lag. Are most people on wired connections and if so do they even encounter that problem?

Comment

I get this problem a lot an I'm on a wired connection.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker
              Are you on a wireless connection by any chance?

I get that all the time. I have no idea what causes it. I just assume it's the wireless losing alot of packets thus causing the lag. Are most people on wired connections and if so do they even encounter that problem?
              I'm on a wired connection, and it's only been happening in the past few days, which leads me to think that it's a software issue, or possibly a poor connection server-side. I really have no idea how these things work.

Still downloading the full 1.22 patch, hopefully this fixes the problem.

Comment

I installed the full patch over my incremental and it solved both this and my crash to desktop problem, at least for the 4 hours I played tonight. I think I just had a bad patch. Did you try the full patch bleak?

Comment

A lot of people seem to be having problems with the incremental, get the full version
                  |TG| Lorian
                  Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I've had this problem for over a month now...

Comment

I tried full and it worked fine last night, get on today and now my ping's a constant 260. I don't know what the hell's going on.

Comment

I have this problem every single time there's a patch. It goes away in 2-3 weeks or so. Rediculous, if you ask me.
                        [squadl]
                        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I have the full patch and get the connection issue several times a game now.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

I get this problem with my laptop- ping being high and connection issues. However, my destop (with the same internet connection via direct ethernet connection to the router) doesn't have this problem at all. I think that it might be a wireless issue or heat problem. I downloaded the full patch on both machines and seemed to work well on the laptop for a while, but yesterday the symptoms popped up again after playing fine for almost two hours. I had a sneaking suspicion that it had to do with a heat issue so I logged off to let it cool, sure enough when I got on later it worked fine for another 2-3 hours.

Comment

Ya, I think that's what my problem is, I thought it was my GPU, but I checked my stats page, and I have constant high blips of ping, and every once in a while, it jumps up to 400 - 600. Look here: http://projectmonkey.homeip.net/publ...player_id=5834.

So, it could be the patch, which has kind of been ruled out, the wireless connection, or heat (I'm on a laptop)?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X