key binds ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key binds ??

Ok I got a slight problem with a couple of key binds that I use. I have the crouch and prone keys bound to the two side buttons on my mouse. Works great using the old thumb. BUT recently for some unknown reason in the middle of a game BAM the buttons stop working, so there I am standing straight up right and unable to crouch or go prone. THIS ISN'T A GOOD THING IN BF2 !! LOL

First question is > What may be causing this to happen? It will work just fine for several maps then I might die and when I re-spawn BAM I'm standing tall and well then I get shot !! The buttons just stop working.

It's a logitech mouse model MX something and I just downloaded the newest mouse drivers. It was doing it before and after the new drivers were installed.

Maybe I should just re-map them to the key board to alliveate the problem.

What key bind / button configs do you use ??

Thanks !
    Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Re: key binds ??

I use a Razer Diamondback, which has side buttons. The side buttons toggle front and back so they could actually have 2 separate functions but I keep it simple...

I use left side for re-load and right side for the communication rose. Everything else is keyboard binds. I'm anti-WASD as I use the arrow keys for front/back/left/right. As a result, I use right Ctrl for crouch and right Shift for prone. I can reach both easily with my pinkie finger.

Comment

I play everything default even parachute key, I need to figure out a good bind for parachuting.

Comment

Mine is right next to my Exit/Enter. Too many times early on in my BF2 playing I'd jump out of a transport helo and by the time I remembered where my parachute key was I was splat. :)

Comment

Undead try 'X' as your parachute key. I can certainly press that key easier than I can the '9' key.

Comment

Try this on for size

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
              I play everything default even parachute key, I need to figure out a good bind for parachuting.
              I use F for parachute.

I use my back button on my mx1000 for the '3' weapon, and the foward button for my '4' weapon, and my middle button for my pistol.

Comment

I use one of these Ergodex. I also ordered two spare covers and two sets of spare keys (one set up with Shortcuts for Premiere Pro and the other for Adobe Encore). Unit comes with 25 keys and one cover.

Keys can be programmed to anything you like, and place anywhere on the board. Beauty of this, is that the keys fit your hand! Keys twist off using glue invented by NASA. they will not pull or lift off.

The backplate was just a picture of BF2 imported as a skin in the Ergodex progaming software.

Once you get used to your own layout, its a doddle to use. Picture isnt that sharp, but gives you an idea of what the Ergodex is capable of:

Picture is : http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/73/dsc000038qv.jpg

Comment

I moved the keys over 1 set from wasd to esdf. This lets me have a new set of pinky and first finger keys while keeping my thumb over the space bar. I have a Razor Copperhead which is a 7 button mouse. 2 buttons are for sensativity and the other are fire, alt fire, commo rose, squad voip and ... i don't remember the other.. i just set it up....
                  Meister

Comment

Guys, I appreciate all the posts to my original post and question. The one problem I have nobody has answered though.

I have the two side buttons on my mouse, the ones that normally work as forward and backwards mapped as crouch and prone. This works real well 99 % of the time, but recently every now and then in the middle of a game they stop working all together, causing me not to be able to crouch or go prone.

Anybody got an idea why the buttons would stop responding right in the middle of a game?

Thanks !
                    Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

Originally posted by BigBill
                      Guys, I appreciate all the posts to my original post and question. The one problem I have nobody has answered though.

I have the two side buttons on my mouse, the ones that normally work as forward and backwards mapped as crouch and prone. This works real well 99 % of the time, but recently every now and then in the middle of a game they stop working all together, causing me not to be able to crouch or go prone.

Anybody got an idea why the buttons would stop responding right in the middle of a game?

Thanks !
                      I have a logitech mx518. I use the native XP drivers, not the Logitech ones. Give that a try.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I have an MX510 using the XP drivers and have never had a problem, so, yeah, try what Dick said
                        |TG| Lorian
                        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...