Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with TS Overlay...

Hey guys....

I really need some help with my TS Overlay. When I got it a couple weeks ago, it worked fine. Now when I start it up, it doesn't work. I can talk on TS but I cannot see when I talk and when others are talking as well.

This is how I do it:

1. I start TS, get into the BF2 channel.
    2. I start TS Overlay, with the "/AUTO" appended to the end of the shortcut.
    3. I start BF2,
    but then it doesnt work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I looked at the TacticalWiki on it, but it just doesnt work.

THanks,
    Polinator
    Polinator

"Retired" Member of 1stMIP - I will remember you guys forever!!

Re: Need help with TS Overlay...

Originally posted by Polinator
    Hey guys....

I really need some help with my TS Overlay. When I got it a couple weeks ago, it worked fine. Now when I start it up, it doesn't work. I can talk on TS but I cannot see when I talk and when others are talking as well.

This is how I do it:

1. I start TS, get into the BF2 channel.
    2. I start TS Overlay, with the "/AUTO" appended to the end of the shortcut.
    3. I start BF2,
    but then it doesnt work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I looked at the TacticalWiki on it, but it just doesnt work.

THanks,
    Polinator
    What I do is:

Start BF2, alt-tab out before joining a game, start TS, start TS Overlay (without a modifier). That seems to work best for me.

Comment

What's changed between it working and not working? Did you change your nickname on TS? Change TSO versions? Uncheck or check some options in TSO? Video drivers change? What does "not working" mean -- absolutely nothing is displayed on screen by TSO, not even the little mode information line down in the bottom right?
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

I've noticed TSO impacting my in-game performance fairly dramatically. Everything works fine, but BF2 seems to slo-mo quite frequently. I've tried both Wave and DirectSound modes and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have a faster CPU then I used to so if anything it shouldn't be any worse then it used to be. Any ideas?

I'd love to be able to use TSO to more practically coordinate with other SLs in the TS channels.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
          What's changed between it working and not working? Did you change your nickname on TS? Change TSO versions? Uncheck or check some options in TSO? Video drivers change? What does "not working" mean -- absolutely nothing is displayed on screen by TSO, not even the little mode information line down in the bottom right?

By not working I mean just with BF2 it is not working. I play Fable sometimes and when I have overlay running I can see and hear whoever is talking if I also happen to be on TS. So what I meant was that I didnt do anything to TSO, TS, but I might have changed something on BF2...whould that be the problem?

THanks...Polinator
          Polinator

Comment

http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/BF2_TS_TSO

Make sure you have the correct settings enabled. Having something enabled/disabled when it shouldn't be makes either PB kick you, or makes it so it doesn't work at all.

~Salad

|TG-9th| By Any Means!

- [ Creator of the Battlefield 2 Localization Files ] -
            - [ Creator of the Battlefield 2142 Localization Files ] -

Comment

Even with all the settings at what TG reccomends i still get the occasional pb kick. Good luck poli.

Comment

Hmm, I had the error when I had both ts+tso running and started bf2, I'd get "windows explorer" crash. Didn't make any sence. I followed the instructions on setup.

So I should start bf2 first then instead I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                  Make sure you have the correct settings enabled. Having something enabled/disabled when it shouldn't be makes either PB kick you, or makes it so it doesn't work at all.
                  Originally posted by JimmyTwoHand
                  Even with all the settings at what TG reccomends i still get the occasional pb kick. Good luck poli.
                  What I was trying to say is that PunkBuster isn't kicking me, like I can play BF2 fine, but TS Overlay is not working because when someone talks on TS I cannot see who it is. It is really frustrating because everytime I have to ask who I was talking to I get a lecture about TS Overlay.....
                  Polinator

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                    Hmm, I had the error when I had both ts+tso running and started bf2, I'd get "windows explorer" crash. Didn't make any sence. I followed the instructions on setup.

When I'm gaming, I switch shells to bblean, and dump explorer out of memory. Try that.

Comment

I'm not familar with anything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by undead77

Is this with TSO .6.1 or whatever the latest is? I saw some explorer crash issues on the TSO forums.. Try shutting down any video card utilities you have running in your little system tray. That solved a lot of TSO issues for me.

Polinator, try the same thing.. if you have an nvidia or ati control panel dealio going in the system tray, close it down. You don't get ANY TSO display right? No clock, no channel name, no nothin? It's not that it just doesn't show the speaker, right?
                        Battlefield Admin() ()
                        | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                          Polinator, try the same thing.. if you have an nvidia or ati control panel dealio going in the system tray, close it down. You don't get ANY TSO display right? No clock, no channel name, no nothin? It's not that it just doesn't show the speaker, right?
                          Correct, I get NOTHING, but I do have an Nvidia Control thingy in my system tray, so Im gonna try that right now and post what happens...
                          Polinator

Comment

Wow....that works swell....thanks alot Perry!!

I would have never thought about that. Cheers Man!!

*edit*
                            I think maybe someone should edit the Wiki about it, maybe have that as sort of an ongoing troubleshooting part of the TS wiki so that it would be easier for other people to find out about this.

Polinator
                            Polinator

Comment

Yea, that solved a lot of instability problems I had with the latest TSO.. Lemme make a mental note to add this tidbit to the wiki page later.
                              Battlefield Admin() ()
                              | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed