No announcement yet.

A question about setting Video options.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about setting Video options.

Hi all im very new to this forum. I've been reading it for a year now, joined a week ago, and 1st post today!

My question is simple (could not really find this in the search), Is it better to set my display options using the options ingame, or use the options within the Nvidia control panel? ( the bf2.exe profile settings). and if I use one should I not have settings within the other?

Thanks for any info.

MY RIG:
    =======
    Asus A8n SLI-Deluxe
    AMD 64 4000+ (san diego core)
    2GBs G-Skill Ram - Timings: 2.5-3-3-6
    Western Digital 320GB SATA II 16MB
    Antec Neo He 550W
    (2x's) eVGA Geforce 7900GT 256MB CO Superclocked [256-P2-N565-AX]
    Thermaltake Dream Case (silver)

ALL SETTINGS HIGH WITH 4x's SAMPLING @ 1280x1024

Re: A question about setting Video options.

I have an ATI card, but if the control panel is anything like the Catalyst panel for ATI then you're going to want to use the in game settings. The settings on the control panel probably force display options like AA for all applications, which is not something you want. Set all your display settings in game.

Comment

The Nvidia control panel lets you adjust the AA and AF at the .exe level. so i would select the options only for bf2.exe. if i go back to global options its usually defaulted.

Comment

You're better off setting as many things in-game as possible, but with 2 7900s it doesn't really matter; you can screw with your video settings all you want and you won't see much difference on where you set it, since your CPU is a limiting factor way before your two GPUs.

Comment

theres really nothing else to set in the game. Everything is maxed! I've yet to try out editing the Video.con file yet, maybe i'll give that a whirl later on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X