Playing with no CD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with no CD

Ok, so i followed the suggestions in the No CD thread, download a mini image, and everything worked like a charm. A few days later I participated in the 1st MIP's practice on the private server, then joined S1 for about 20 minutes. When I quit the game, I realised I forgot to load Daemon Tools and mount the image. What does that mean? It works with no cd and no image?

Re: Playing with no CD

Are you sure DT wasn't running in the background? Mine loads up at startup and automatically mounts bf2.

Comment

No, mine doesnt load at startup.

Edit: Just tried it again. Closed DT, checked My Computer that the virtual drive doesnt show up, and started BF2 single player. Worked.

Comment

Can someone else please confirm this?

Comment

Weird. Mine still needs the image mounted. I just unmounted the image and tried to open BF2 and it said to please insert the cd. Are you sure your original BF2 disc is not in your drive?

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker
            Weird. Mine still needs the image mounted. I just unmounted the image and tried to open BF2 and it said to please insert the cd. Are you sure your original BF2 disc is not in your drive?
            LOL! That could be it!

Ya, there's no way it would run without the CD unless you have installed some kind of no-cd crack.
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

If I close DT, but don't restart, is the drive still emulated? I should try restarting and then starting the game.

And no, the DVD isnt in the drive... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik
                If I close DT, but don't restart, is the drive still emulated? I should try restarting and then starting the game.

And no, the DVD isnt in the drive... :)
                Look at your list of drives in explorer.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I have DT load on startup, and I've found that I can close it, then run BF2 with no problem.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

yea shafik you can mount the image, close daemon and as long as its mounted it works. Because it mounts an actualy virtual drive, and the image, so its like just leaving bf2 disc in the drive.

Comment

Yep, guess that's it. :)

Thanks for your replies, people.

Comment

I have no idea about the technical stuff you (all) have been talking about, but I am very interested in being able to run BF2 without having the CD living in my optical drive.

Any detailed help or links to step-by-step methods would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by cantpicknameiwant
                          I have no idea about the technical stuff you (all) have been talking about, but I am very interested in being able to run BF2 without having the CD living in my optical drive.
                          Any detailed help or links to step-by-step methods would be greatly appreciated.
                          The original thread they are talking about is here
                          I suggest googling Daemon tools if there are no links to it in that thread.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X