Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my ball a problem?

Don't laugh.. but I have a ball in my mouse and a lead coming out the back
    When I told a fellow TGer about this on TS he couldn't help but laugh ! he then advised me that optical mouses are noticably better

Does an optical mouse really make that much difference in BF2 gameplay?
    Can you quantify your advice, like "I find targeting 10% better etc"

thanks

Re: Is my ball a problem?

The optical mouse is by far more better (yes i just said more better) you dont have to clean it, or worry about the ball catching and not moving. You can go to walmart and get an optical mouse for 14 bucks, i have 3 of those. ALOT smoother movement and control, once you get one you will wonder why you still had a ball mouse

o yeah LOL!!! he said ball mouse...LOL....j/k
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

A ball mouse is fine if it is a good one and you use it in a clean environment. I almost never had to clean my ball mouse in 15+ years of using it. Unless you are experiencing problems, I wouldn't rush to change, and I certainly wouldn't "upgrade" to a $10 optical mouse.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

its 14 bucks not 10....lol..but those things work better then my 30dollar wireless optical mouse. They are just around to have one when my wife breaks one
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Ball mouse? They still make those?:icon19: I think I may remember what they look like.

I used one for awhile with no problems. I switched to the Razor Diamonback and have found that it is so much better for gaming. It all depends on how sensitive you want you gaming mouse to be.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I've been considering an upgrade to the G5 or G7 mouses with variable sensitivity for long rand shooting and I have a seriously mid-low end computer. Don't think I would even consider playing with a wheel these days :)

If you do upgrade I wouldn't recommend those 10$ mice. I've found that you do get what you pay for.

Comment

Is my ball a problem?
              Well, you may want a professional to look at it. Take it out, and roll it around in your hand. See if you feel any foreign particles on it.. that's not a good thing. If worst comes to worst, and it's a bad ball, a professional can put a new ball in there for you, and you'll be as good as before.

Whaaaat??!! I'm talking about his mouse! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver
                Don't laugh.. but I have a ball in my mouse and a lead coming out the back
                When I told a fellow TGer about this on TS he couldn't help but laugh ! he then advised me that optical mouses are noticably better

Does an optical mouse really make that much difference in BF2 gameplay?
                Can you quantify your advice, like "I find targeting 10% better etc"

thanks

See i told you! :)

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

My suggestion is go optical. Then you can even eliminate the mouse pad idea which sometimes causes me to have problems because my "ball mouse" runs off when I'm not paying attention! :) (I have to pull on the tail to get him to come back)

Yes, mice, you pay for what you get. I know Wal-Mart does have a nice Microsoft mouse and keyboard for something like $60 for the two, or you can get just the mouse for something like $20.

Get optical! :)
                  [TG-Irr]Vulcher
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been using optical since 2000 when I got my first wired optical, I've loved them since.

now I'm using the MS wireless optical 2.0 which is fine, but I think I've wore the button out. Seems to do a double when when I do a single click for some odd reason, but I've had it 2 years so.

Comment

Wow... I can only barely remember what a ball mouse feels like. I don't remember any accuracy problems, but theoretically an optical mouse will be much more precise.

Comment

It's pretty easy to pop the ball out and clean it. Take a look at the rollers inside and use your fingernail or a toothpick to scrape the gunk off. It's a bit tricky to scrape, turn, scrape, turn, scrape... but you'll get the hang of it.

Or else go get yourself one of these. I consider my money well spent every time I hop in a tank and hit high sensitivity so my turret spins like it's on crack, then jump out and go to the low sensitivity snipe setting.

Comment

Errrr....

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...5-g7-mice.html

I would definitely suggest getting one of these. I have the G5 and I love it. I didn't want the G7 because I hated wireless mouse always creating lag (lag on the mouse that is).

Comment

I have the wireless dell mouse and I despise it for gaming only because it chews up batteries and spits them out.

Comment

I haven't played with a ball mouse in years but I do remember my performance in Unreal Tournament improving when I upgraded to optical. I have a Razer Copperhead now which works even better than my old Microsoft optical, although its not quite as ergonomic. Corded optical mice are the way to go if you're playing games.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X