Ammo Pack & Spawn Point Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Pack & Spawn Point Problems

I noticed that when playing as support I cannot throw more than one ammo pack at a time. It won't let me select the ammo pack again until after I've fired my weapon once. I think it only happens when playing Tacmod. Is this normal?
    Also in general I have a hard time spawning at a different locale. I cannot seem to click on the location as the spawn "icon" (the circle with the the star shape inside) does not appear to let me select it even though the flag is "ours". The same thing happens when I try and spawn on my SL. I end up hitting the 'C' key repeatedly until the map pops back up with a selectable spawn point or my respawn timer runs down and I end up spawning at my last location and I have to hoof it to get back with my squad. It's not fun for an old fart like me who has a hard time running.

Re: Ammo Pack & Spawn Point Problems

It's normal

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie
      It's normal
      That reminds me of those puberty films: Am I Normal??

Comment

TacMod is meant to have it so you can only throw 1 support pack down. So you conserve and don't just throw packs everywhere (Medics can't even throw them anymore).

Also, some maps have that issue where you can't click a spawn too easily. Mainly Zatar Wetlands. I click above and to the right of the actual spawn. After a few clicks I usually tend to get the spawn.

-StubbedToe

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishRebel
          I noticed that when playing as support I cannot throw more than one ammo pack at a time. It won't let me select the ammo pack again until after I've fired my weapon once. I think it only happens when playing Tacmod. Is this normal?
          Also in general I have a hard time spawning at a different locale. I cannot seem to click on the location as the spawn "icon" (the circle with the the star shape inside) does not appear to let me select it even though the flag is "ours". The same thing happens when I try and spawn on my SL. I end up hitting the 'C' key repeatedly until the map pops back up with a selectable spawn point or my respawn timer runs down and I end up spawning at my last location and I have to hoof it to get back with my squad. It's not fun for an old fart like me who has a hard time running.
          I can answer the question about the ammo pack. Yes, what your experiencing is normal. In the TG "experience" I can tell you that this is the way it is with the Tac Mod. If you don't understand the idea behind it I can share:

Think about this for a minute. Take your ammo bag and multiply it by 5 (I beleive that's the number in the retail version.) Now, wouldn't that be hard to "support" as a single man, carrying 5 ammo bags, it's an uneeded item in Tac Mod, isnt it? Maybe not, if your a natural "Rambo" LOL :) Do you understand? TG focuses on Teamwork, Tactics and playing as close to "real world" experience that the game engine is allowing us to as a squad, team, force, etc... :row__523:

Now, I could be way off base with my theory, and I would expect someone to step in on it and correct me if I am :icon20:

:icon1: If your a member of the squad and your playing the support role. I would suggest holding onto that single ammo pouch and run to your men and stand by them to refill them. It works the same way when you hold it as when you toss it to the ground, except by holding it, you never have to worry about not having enough for everyone. I suppose an except to this rule would be putting one beside a sniper or someone that isn't maybe going to be with the squad the entire time. :icon1:

Does that make sense?

:icon41: As for what you are experiencing outside of this I cannot say that I've ever run into that. It's a topic that may require more in depth troublshooting or questioning from one of the more experience Tac Mod folks here in the forums. :icon41:

Anyone??????
          [TG-Irr]Vulcher
          sigpic

Comment

In the Tac Mod, the support class does have one ammo pack to drop. There are several reasons behind it. We wanted to stop ammo / medpack spamming... make the support class more critical to the actual resupply of their troops... etc. We have other ideas we wanted to try with the support class, but we weren't able to get access to mod what we wanted.

As for the spawn selection problem... there are problems with a few maps (outside of the mod) that cause this. The biggest problem seems to come on Zatar Wetlands 32 player. It's nearly a half inch off target.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Okay that makes sense now. I didn't know that just by standing next to someone while holding the ammo pack will resupply him. I will remember that.
              Thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X