Being auto kicked out of my squad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being auto kicked out of my squad?

This has been happening more and more lately. First was a few weeks ago and again just last night.

I logged onto TacMod around 7pm and joined up on the USMC side. I noticed that Alpha and Bravo squads were full up so I created a TG Learn Squad and was by myself for a few minutes. Then Assasin joined my squad and I was automatically kicked out of the squad I created and placed in Charlie squad by myself and Assasin was made SL of the TG Learn Squad.

I left Charlie Squad and rejoined the TG Learn Squad that I had created and was automatically placed back in the SL chair and Assasin was bumped to SM of said squad.

Why is this happening? Am I the only one experiencing this?

The last time it had happened it was the weekend TacMod went public and I was again on the USMC on Atom and was defending the north airfield and I was again kicked out of the Irregs squad and placed in squad 4 by myself. The only reason why I realized it was because Asch was CO and he asked me over VOIP if there was a reason why I was in a squad alone to which I replied to him, "What the hell? How did I get here?" That time I thought it was a fluke but after this time I'm beginning to think there is a bug or something I'm experiencing.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Re: Being auto kicked out of my squad?

It has happened to me many times. I know it has happened at least 4 times while playing tacmod. I will try to pay attention if it happens in vanilla.

I also think it happens when I try to bring up the squad or kit screens.

UPDATE:
    I have been playing a bit and figured out that I had a key bound to "create squad". When I hit that it takes me out of whatever squad I am in and makes a new squad. I now remember seeing alot of messages that no more squads could be made. I think this has been going on for a while....lol.

I just removed the key bind for "create squad".
    Last edited by Pvt_Meister; 04-30-2006, 11:32 AM.
    Meister

Comment

I haven't noticed when it does it; I'll have to pay more attention to when it does it. I find it weird because there is no message saying you've been switched. It just happens.

[volun][drill]
      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Do you have a key bound to create a new squad? I thought the INSert key would do this if you're looking at the list of squads. I had experienced this a couple of times in vanilla but it's been a while.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I'm using a Zboard. You know, one of those modular keyboards so none of the keys are the same. But I doubt it. I can look.

I wish BF2's layout interface was a bit more user friendly, there are a few keybinds I'd like to remap but the game won't let you and the user.ini file is a pita to figure out.

[volun][drill]
          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Control mapping in BF2 is f'ing retarded, I'm still in awe at how they could possibly have such a bad system in such a high profile game.

Comment

They should make a patch to fix that. I mean, since they seem to like to make patches.

[volun][drill]
              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

I haven't been kicked often but what I have noticed is that when I join a game all of the squads are locked even though they have spots open. I end up creating my own squad and then more people joining the server end up in my squad. After a while all squads are unlocked. Is this perculiar to Tacmod or just me? It's frustrating at times when I see a squad with an SL I like to play with but can't.

Comment

To clarify, it didn't auto-bump me when you came back into the squad. Once I realized your leaving was non-intentional I figured I'd give the SL position back to you. It didn't automatically make you SL when you came back, it's because I left and came back.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishRebel
                    I haven't been kicked often but what I have noticed is that when I join a game all of the squads are locked even though they have spots open. I end up creating my own squad and then more people joining the server end up in my squad. After a while all squads are unlocked. Is this perculiar to Tacmod or just me? It's frustrating at times when I see a squad with an SL I like to play with but can't.
                    Several reasons.. sniper squads that don't work well with 6 guys or other small fast attack squads. Squads where someone just crashed and their spot is being saved until they get back in. Squads that are forming up and the SL is inviting people by hand. Or, some squads just don't like playing with the rest of us on tacmod nights :(
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                    | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                      Or, some squads just don't like playing with the rest of us on tacmod nights :(
                      :( :( :(

Comment

Yeah but ALL OF THE SQUADS and half way through a round too! And some non-sniper squads with 2 members.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X