Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unmodified content on the new server #1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmodified content on the new server #1?

I am not able to join Server #1. Currently it is with a Euro Forces map. I get a "server does not allow unmodified content" message.

I can join about half of the servers that are running Euro forces and about half I can't.

I have the following installed.

Tac Mod (and the map packs for it)

Special forces

Patch 1.22 or whatever the latest is I checked this twice.

Somebody suggested re-installing the Euro forces booster but i can even see how to unistall it. I downloaded it from the EA online distribution thing.

Any suggestions outside of uninstalling everything and starting over?
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Unmodified content on the new server #1?

Ditto!!! It shows as green on my favorites...am i missing a EF specfic mod?

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Ya I'm getting the same thing. I recently had to reinstall battlefield 2(and yes I reinstalled EF) so I'm sure its related...still though...this is quite annoying.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Yea, I dunno. What order did you guys install stuff in? Maybe EF is overwriting some of the 1.22 files if you were at 1.22 before you installed EF?

Maybe try installing EF then the full 1.22 patch (not incremental)?

I believe the cache for the EF installer is in Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\<username>\eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro and you "should" be able to run the setup.exe in there.

Since you're all SM's, we can load up an EF map on the private server and see if you can join after you mess with stuff. Just find me on TS on Wednesday or Thursday.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Thats what I was thinking when mantis was telling me about it, because other day I reinstalled bf2 in the order of bf2 > 1.22 full > EF

Comment

I have this problem too. The only thing i've tried is to re-install the full patch 1.22. That didn't work, is there any other recommendations that don't involve reinstalling everything?

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
              Thats what I was thinking when mantis was telling me about it, because other day I reinstalled bf2 in the order of bf2 > 1.22 full > EF
              Thats the order I reinstalled things.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I uninstalled everything. Then installed in the following order
                BF2 from DVD
                Euro Forces (I got a message that Euro forces needed a certain version to install. I only have 1.22 and didn't want to go hunting down and downloading old patches.)
                Then re-installed 1.22

I did notice that uninstalling BF2 left all the old stuff there (maps mods ect) and I didn't delete those.

By the time I had this done server #1 was back to vanilla maps so I don't know if that makes a difference.

The really strange thing is that I can join SOME servers with the Euro Forces maps. SOME I can't. Maybe the servers I can join have something switched off?
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I have the same issue. Re-installing EF and then the full 1.22 patch did not solve the problem (and it took about 2 hours, so I'm not doing that again). I can get on some servers, but not TG. Perhaps BF2CC is the problem?
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

Can you guys tell me what servers you are able to connect to and play on?

My only idea is BF2 -> EF -> 1.22.. wish I had some others, but the error message is rather unhelpful, ya know? I opened a ticket on EA's help system asking them for the proper order of installation and pointed them at this thread. It's a longshot, I know...

Like I said, find me when I'm on TS and I'll get an EF map on the private server so you can try it out.
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    | for | |

Comment

Poking around the EA UK forums a bit..

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22005

Problem - What Order do i Install patches?
                      Cause - N/a
                      Fix - Going as 1.22 is the current patch you do as follows for the simplest route;

Battlefield 2
                      Special Forces
                      1.22 Full Patch
                      Eur Forces
                      1.22 Full Patch

Please ignore expansions and booster packs you do not have, in addition the reason for the 1.22 Full patch been installed twice is that, before you can install Euro Forces you must have the 1.2 patch or higher, but since the 1.22 Patch fixes bugs in Euro Forces its necessary to reapply it after a Euro Force install, as the Euro Force install will override fixes from the first 1.22 Patch install.
                      What a stinkin mess :(
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      | for | |

Comment

I can't find my CDs for BF2, cept the play CD, so I guess im **** out of luck

also I used to be able to play on other servers, but now i can't play on any... but i haven't changed anything as far as i know...

Comment

Mine is somehow fixed. At least for the servers I was trying yesterday. 101st was one of them.

I have no idea what did it. I deleted all map folders that had to do with Euro Forces then re installed Euro Forces then re-applied patch 1.22.

Haven't tried TG server yet when it has a Euro Force map but I am hoping this works.

Comment

Thread from the PBF forums.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...72&tid=1872640

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus

I think you can't just re-install though. You have to delete the EF files. And you don't have to do anything with SF. I didn't touch that installation.

I think the key is deleting the EF map files before re-installing EF located in [root BF Folder]\mods\bf2\Levels. Probably don't even have to uninstall BF2.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X