TacMod crashing to desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacMod crashing to desktop

I played on Tacmod server this past Sunday, now when I connect, after it finishes loading on the screen with TG message and logo. It crashes to desktop.

Did something change since Sunday? I know nothing has on my PC.

currently dl'ing mapack 1 and 3, had mappack2 already...

Re: TacMod crashing to desktop

should be in the help forum, but ya mine is crashing to all of a sudden, its like I don't have the right map, but I went and checked my maps, and I have atom installed. Not sure what the problem is, unless its the other ATOM map, since their are two versions.

well its on sharqi now, and it still closes client to desktop. No Error.

Comment

Make sure you have both TotalBF2 map packs installed. Many times if a custom map is running and you don't have it installed, you will CTD.

The other thing to do is run BF2 in window mode. While I wouldn't suggest actually playing this way, it should provide you with an error message if you crash. To do this, edit your Tac Mod shortcut to read:

"H:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +modPath mods/tactical-mod

and make sure the drive is correct. Run this and try to connect to the server. If you CTD you should be given an error message.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

hmm, I get no error while running in windowed mode, oh well. I'll wait for next patch, I'm sure its something to do with it.

Comment

Sharqi crashed 3 times while loading for me tonight, I rebooted and got right in. Shrug.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Well apparently bf2 got screwed for me again, lol just found out, ef maps won't load, nor vanilla, so redownloading 1.22 patch, I swear at bf2 randomness with errors and whatnot.

Comment

TacMod crashing to Desktop

I guess my previous thread was deleted due to irrelevance to this BF2 forrum.

However, I tried to post on TacMod forums, and when I log in it tells me i dont have admin rights or privileges.

I played tacMod this past Sunday. Now when I tried connecting today, it kept crashing to desktop, after it would finish loading on the screen where it shows TG message and logo.

Did something change since Sunday? I know nothing has changed on my pc.

any advice would be greatfull

Comment

Re: TacMod crashing to Desktop

Twas moved to the tech support forum...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...g-desktop.html
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                | for | |

Comment

I figured out my problem, earlier in the day my friend was trying to re enter his cdkey, and I showed him the program within the bf2 directory, and I opened it to make sure, and of course apparently if you open that prog, you've got to reenter you cdkey, which I didn't think anything about, so finally after I figured it out I reentered the cdkey, but then it deleted the x9392 of my registry and just left my cdkey in place, then I was just getting the cdkey error. Maybe thats a problem with yours turb.

try going to.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc

and see if you have x9392xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "xxxxx" are your cdkey that are in place after those characters in front.

Comment

Re: TacMod crashing to Desktop

Originally posted by Turbinator
                    I guess my previous thread was deleted due to irrelevance to this BF2 forrum.

However, I tried to post on TacMod forums, and when I log in it tells me i dont have admin rights or privileges.

I played tacMod this past Sunday. Now when I tried connecting today, it kept crashing to desktop, after it would finish loading on the screen where it shows TG message and logo.

Did something change since Sunday? I know nothing has changed on my pc.

any advice would be greatfull
                    Nothing has changed on the server side. Bf2 seems to pretty pretty fragile as I know lots of people enter CTD hell with any modified content. Best bet is unfortuantely to reinstall from scratch.. repatch all vanilla then install map packs and then tacmod if your problems continue.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X