And my PSU died....(got a new one)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And my PSU died....(got a new one)

Was friday...looking forward to the weekend...looking forward to the CO duel tomorrow...started up the computer.....and a nice electrical sound and no windows....
    Turned out my PSU had died out, was a 400Watt which lasted for a nice 2 years before it died out today.
    Also got a new DVD drive (not RW) since I was using the RW as my main DVD drive for everything.
    Got a new PSU now, from Zalman (the old one of 400Watt was from AOpen, like my casing) which is just as silent, and runs 60Watt more at 460W. :)
    Me going to check out BF2 now to see how everything goes.
    First component in 2 years that died on me, not bad I geuss.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Re: And my PSU died....(got a new one)

Luckily it was all fixed in three hours, thank god for that one faithful computershop with good stuff and awesome closing times :)

When everything was plugged back in it still didnt start up (power was there) so for about 30 mins I was very nervous about the PSU taking the vid card with it but luckily it was just one of those damn PSU connectors you tend to forget...(floppy drive...why do I still have one)

UPDATE:
    Everything works fine....maybe even better, Im not sure, seems I got 10-20 more fps in single player karkand, cant really try this till TG server fills up.
    Got around 70 fps, 80-90 if half the screen is the sky :)

BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Whats even funnier (and a bit unexpected) my new DVD-rom makes NO sound what so ever and BF2 works just fine with it, NO sound what so ever, I cant tell the difference between something in it and it being empty :D

BF2142 Names:
      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Last time my psu died, it was a storm, and a transformer blew outside, and sent like 50volts back into my house and my computer started smoking. Luckily it was only my PSU that was smoking and nothing else.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X