BF2 VOIP doesn't recognize my Mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 VOIP doesn't recognize my Mic

I've just started playing BF2 yesterday, and I think I'm getting the hang of it. I checked out the TG server awhile today, and the play experience is definately a level above what it was on any of the pubs I visited. However, I've got a pretty big problem...

BF2 doesn't recognize my mic. I know the mic works, because I use it for NS and people can hear me just fine. But when I try the "threshold test" built into BF2, nothing comes up. Just...nothing. It doesn't seem to respond at all.

What do I need to do to get my mic to talk to BF2?

Re: BF2 VOIP doesn't recognize my Mic

First thing to check is that BF2 only looks for your mic in the MIC 1 jack. So, if you have multiple lines-in (e.g. on the front, or customizable jacks).

Next, for some reason sometimes when BF2 starts it mutes your mic. So, before and after starting BF2 check the status of your mic.

Third, and this is the case with me, I can't get the threshold test to work either but my mic works fine in game regardless. So, try the push-to-talk button in game (multi-player) and see if you see a speaker icon in the upper right of your HUD. If you do your mic is working.

The above was based on my personal experience, I know there are ohers with more knowledge. Good luck!
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Thank you, your third solution matched my problem exactly!

Now I just have to get the hang of what info to pass along the coms channel =)

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis
        Thank you, your third solution matched my problem exactly!

Now I just have to get the hang of what info to pass along the coms channel =)
        You can always use this: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2VoiceSetup.exe" to check your set-up.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X