Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting from server

Hey all,

Since the new server is up I know that there have been some of us having problems that we didn't have before and some of us not having problems that we had before - make sense?

Issue #1 for me.

Anyway, every time I start up and connect to the public server, it disconnects me. This occurs right after I click "join" and I can't quite pick my kit. - Every time - I haven't been able to get connected and just stay since the new server.

I'm looking for others experiencing something similar.

Now ...

Issue #2 for me.

After I do get connected, I view my in game display and it shows my ping upwards in the 200 ms .. wow ... holy cow...

Now, I don't seem to experience lag, so this could just very well mean the in-game browser isn't picking things up properly.

I go back out to my command prompt - and ping the server address and it brings my ping back to between 30 and 50 ms depending on traffic of the server.

Another strange issue, any ideas?

Issue #3 for me. (Others as well)

When playing I'm having quite a hard time with "Problems With Connection" - Sometimes I get disconnected and sometimes I don't. Last night May 10th, I know I got thrown off, along with about 15 other folks.

I wanted to bring this up. I never had these problems with the old server. I know that there are other users that are experiencing other strange problems. To my knowledge none of this is related. If it is, I don't know how.

Coming from a technical background I have tried as much as I can with my network to fix the issue. Unfortunately I don't think it's on my end. Not when I'm pinging 50ms from my system direct to the server, but the "in-game" browser is showing something different.

Any ideas or suggestions.
    [TG-Irr]Vulcher
    sigpic

Re: Disconnecting from server

Well, as for 2, your ping is usually high in the beginning and that number can't be trusted until you have spawned and played for a little bit.

Your post was a little confusing, but it all just seems like normal lag and stuff except for number 1. Do you click the join game right after its loaded, or does it do the same after you have waited a bit before pressing.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
      Well, as for 2, your ping is usually high in the beginning and that number can't be trusted until you have spawned and played for a little bit.
      Just to clarify, it stays around 200ms ... Although my game play doesn't seem to "lag" - I'm up there in the score boards, I'm sure you've seen me :) - So if I am lagging, It's helping me out! .. LOL

Your post was a little confusing, but it all just seems like normal lag and stuff except for number 1.
      Sorry to confuse ya. I agree it does seem like normal lag. Except it's the new server that I'm having a problem with only. Nothing else, nothing what so ever.

Do you click the join game right after its loaded, or does it do the same after you have waited a bit before pressing.
      Either one or the other. Tried both ways to see if one made a difference. It doesn't. It's just that first time I connect to the server. I'm always disconnected and have to reconnect. And then I reconnect and I'm okay, until i experience connection problem message on screen. And sometimes it disconnects me again, and sometimes it doesn't.

I have to admit.. this is quite odd....
      [TG-Irr]Vulcher
      sigpic

Comment

Does it happen after every new map or just when you join up fresh? I don't really have any answer because this is extremly strange, but mabey something will click into place and fix itself ;). My ping has stayed around 50 on the old server and is now down to 30 or so mabey it is just the routes. Try to "traceroute ......" it on cmd.

Comment

Does it happen after every new map or just when you join up fresh? I don't really have any answer because this is extremly strange, but mabey something will click into place and fix itself ;). My ping has stayed around 50 on the old server and is now down to 30 or so mabey it is just the routes. Try to "traceroute ......" it on cmd.

Seems to be on the very first join. I think I would get quite cranky if it happen every map load.

I will try traceroute......

what would I be looking for exactly ?
          [TG-Irr]Vulcher
          sigpic

Comment

Well, if we still have the old ip of the server, do tracert for that and then the new one and compare ping times. It will give you a list of all the servers it goes through, so you can use that to see which server is your problem. If they are similar, then the ping problem shouldn't matter or be correct.

Comment

I just had "problems with my connection" and got disconnected 4 times in a row. I played 2 maps normally and then it started. Got disconnected (problem with your connection error), rejoined, lasted 1-3 minutes and got disconnected again. Never happened to me before. Will try again later this week.
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Probably an unstable server on your packet route that keeps dropping or kicking you off so you get disconnected. That happens when you have to go through many servers, the probability goes up of you getting a not so great server and that gives you unstable ping and lag, along with other things.

Comment

FYI .. My problem seems to not be as bad. Not sure whats changed. Just wanted to pop in an let everyone know.

I do have lag every now and then .. but ... I think most of us do.
                  [TG-Irr]Vulcher
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...