May 19 Server Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 19 Server Issues

I wanted to ask everyone who played on Friday, May 19, during prime-time if they got dropped at some point in the night (I was dropped 3 times) by the server, and if so, where they live. I have a vague theory about some of the lag issues some people are still complaining about (I'm not nearly technical enough to figure it out, but I have noticed some correlations recently), and wanted to see if what happened last night fit. I'll delve into it more, if the responses here seem to go with that theory, since I don't want to cause un-warranted speculation and because I don't have any idea what the actual problem is. Anyways, here's my info:

Dropped 3 times (Dragon Valley, FuShe Pass x2) - Houston, TX

I guess it would also be helpful if people who weren't dropped responded, too.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
    ||

Re: May 19 Server Issues

Dropped once - Sharqui - I'm in Iceland. It was my first disconnect for a while.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Can you describe more what is happening?

Are you crashing to desktop? Being disconnected? Try to describe what was going on when this happened.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

What's happening is 10-15 people are being disconnected from the server at once. We get the "Connection Problem" message in game, then are bounced to the server selection screen with the "Connection to Server Lost" message. The weird thing is that some people are being dropped, while other people experience nothing.

For me, the first time I was dropped was during Dragon Valley. I had just finished loading the map and clicked the "Join Game" button, bringing up the spawn screen when my connection was lost. I thought it was just me, but then someone on TeamSpeak said that "half the server" was disconnected. Another person then said that they didn't experience anything. I reconnected and played the rest of the map. Then on FuShe pass (I think it was the next map) I was gunning for PheonixFire in the US chopper when I was disconnected again. I reconnected again and continued gunning with another pilot. Eventually, I was disconnected again, and I gave up. Afterwards, I ran Ping Plotter to the server. About 20 minutes after I got disconnected, the readings went hay-wire and I decided to inquire with everyone today.

Helpful?

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
        TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
        ||

Comment

Wow I forgot I was disconnected on Dragon Valley. Usually it's my wireless connection crapping out for a minute, but last night it was not. The disconnection last night was server side. I'm in Northeast Ohio if that helps.

Comment

I personally had no trouble last night, but can vouch that there were issues. On FuShe, I went from squad leading 5 people to only me still in game. Mantis and Sordavie were kicked repeatedly and a couple others less often. There were at least two events though where half the server disappeared. Don't know if location had anything to do or not, SW Michigan.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I had one disconnection on Dragon Valley. Teamspeak staying up and the fact that many people disconnected are dead giveaways that it was closer to the server.

I am in Ottawa.

Location is less important than whose networks you hop through on your way to the server.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Ya once on Dragon Valley and twice on Fushe for me.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I was on Dragon Valley. My squad member left, so I went to tell the commander to find another person for my helo squad and the commander was gone too. The commander was Sassy but I can't remember my squad member.

Comment

I was kicked twice, both in-game and in BF2CC. Whatever it was, it was almost certainly server-side.
                    Beatnik

Comment

It happened to me twice last night. Both game and BF2CC.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Yeah I had some bad issues in Fushe. I joined about 9:30 PST and it was lagging bad and I was having all kinds of connection problems. I didn't get kicked but it was so bad that I couldn't play so I just quit
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X