Can't log in after patching 1.3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log in after patching 1.3

After about a minute of the "connecting to account server" routine, the game crashes to desktop. Tried the incremental and the full 1.3, same problem. Rebooting didn't help.

Re: Can't log in after patching 1.3

Originally posted by James315
    After about a minute of the "connecting to account server" routine, the game crashes to desktop. Tried the incremental and the full 1.3, same problem. Rebooting didn't help.
    Try using the "normal" BF2 shorcut vs the "mod" shortcut and see if it helps.
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I don't even get that far. I get CTD before the login screen.

The time for calm and rational discussion has passed. Now is the time for senseless bickering.

Comment

Originally posted by James315
        Look at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC\hosts and see if you have something in there about bf2web.gamespy.com. That's the stats server and EA has started to check if you have modified that, and, if so, they intentionally crash the game. Their way of getting back at the alternative ranking systems.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Not being able to log into the account server is usually a firewall/router issue. Check that your firewall isn't blocking the new bf2.exe file.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            Look at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC\hosts and see if you have something in there about bf2web.gamespy.com. That's the stats server and EA has started to check if you have modified that, and, if so, they intentionally crash the game. Their way of getting back at the alternative ranking systems.
            The rascals!

Comment

Double the firewall suggestion. Try connecting without one first.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Perry found the problem; it's fixed now.

I'm surprised more people around here haven't had the problem. A few months ago a bunch of people at TG made that change because EA's account server stuff was messed up. I had forgotten all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                  That's just evil. Time to come up with an alternative solution....

One could run a personal name server (I run one on the Linux box on my LAN) and serve just that name as a "local domain".
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by E0_
                    I don't even get that far. I get CTD before the login screen.
                    I'm having this issue also. I select the shortcut (or the actual bf2.exe) and the splash screen comes up... the screen goes black for a few seconds (like it's getting ready to hit the account login) and then I CTD.
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

I got in the last few minutes of a game tonite, then when it changed maps it kicked me. Tried several times to get back in and it would start to load then before getting to "join" it would kick me every time.

Comment

Try starting BF2 in wondowed mode. That usually gives a debug screen that can hint to the problem. Try this command line:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0

Comment

A while ago I CTD'd after a black screen, turned out to be some settings I have screwed with on the graphics drivers (nVidia), you may want to try looking into that.
                          |TG| Lorian
                          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...