BF2 wont open...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 wont open...

I just got a Dell 24 in widescreen and its friggin awesome. However, when i tried to start up BF2, it went black like it was starting, then it dumped me back to desktop. Very irritating. I figured i might need to update my drivers. I got a 7800 gtx and im d/ling the beta drivers right now to see if that will work.

Is there anything else i could try?

EDIT - just tried with my new drivers and same thing. Is it because i have my res set on the native 1920x1600 and BF2 doest support it? Maybe i should try switchin it back to my previous res and see if that works. Itll look like crap though. :(

EDIT - tried with 1280x1024 and still dumped me

Re: BF2 wont open...

Check out what icky said here.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

thanx Perry.

EDIT - I tried what icky said with no luck. I changed my res setting in the video.con file to 1920x1600 and it didnt work. Do i have to change it to something BF2 supports? Also, not sure how i can change my TV out to disabled if that might be a problem.

EDIT - I tried all kinds of dif res's in my default video.con file with no luck.
      Last edited by Snail88; 05-26-2006, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Try this maybe?

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=137239

Did you install the monitor drivers as well? That's something different than your display drivers.

Comment

i did install the monitor drivers. Its just wierd cuz every other game works fine. Its just BF2.

Comment

Snail when I got my 20inch Dell WS I had similar issues. Mainly came down to trying to load a res the monitor doesn't support. Now all I have to do to get my native res is add the info to my bf2 shortcut.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200

The last part tells the program to load at that resolution. Try that and see if it works....

edit: After reading the other thread you posted in it sounds like you may have tried that. Make sure you are putting 1200 and not 1600 though. You have typed 1600 in two different threads already and that is incorrect. Also check out this site for help:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/index.php
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

doh! I think i did put 1600. Let me try that and ill see if it works

edit - nope still desktop. This sucks. Im ready to switch back to my CRT for BF2. Theres gotta be a way to get it to work though...

i was lookin on those forums mantis...basically everyone says just put that line as your target.

Here, ill copy and paste what i have -

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 + szy 1200

thats right, right? I set the same thing in my default video.con file. Am i missing something?

EDIT - GOT IT!!!! I left a space between one of the + signs. Its all stretched out though...wonder if theres a way to fix that...

EDIT - BAH!! I got in but as soon as i try to log in it dumps me back to desktop. son of a...

EDIT - FINALLY!! I got everything workin. I had to change my video.con file for my main account to 1280x1024 and that worked. Its still 4:3 but stretched. At least i can play now. Man this game needs widescreen support.
              Last edited by Snail88; 05-27-2006, 12:06 AM.

Comment

yeah, hopefully the "next" bf game supports it.

Comment

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33820626
                  A conversation about BF2 and widescreen
                  |TG| Lorian
                  Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88
                    EDIT - FINALLY!! I got everything workin. I had to change my video.con file for my main account to 1280x1024 and that worked. Its still 4:3 but stretched. At least i can play now. Man this game needs widescreen support.
                    If you can successfully load through the shortcut than the video.con file seems to have no effect on the res. Mine still says the default res when you get the game but the game always loads at 1680 x 1050 because thats how my shortcut is. The only part of your screen that should be stretched is the minimap. You should be getting the 4:3 output but with the top and bottom cut off to give you widescreen. Everything but the minimap should look normal.
                    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

All the edits really told the story of frustration. If you are trying diffrent resolutions, be sure to quit the process "~e5***" or something. After I quit, It won't let me start BF2 up again unless I end that process.

Comment

yea i had to end that process but i still had to reboot. Oh well, at least it works now. Im not sure if its widescreen or not in game. I need to test it out more. I know it wont be true widescreen but close enough will do me good.

and yea, it was fustrating as hell.
                        Last edited by Snail88; 05-27-2006, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X