installing problems.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing problems.......

ok, i just got bf2 fresh out the case, i go to install it with installshield wizard i download all the way up to the third disk and it freezes at this part C:\...\EA GAMES\battlefield 2/mods/bf2/objects_client.zip...... i have looked around for possible solutions and have come up without any :( also i just tried to run the game anyway even though i know it hasnt installed all the way and i get the bf2 logo to come up but then it says that i am missing the file d3dx9_25.dll i know that there are already ways to fix this part of it for the missing file, but im thinking that its missing because the game hasnt installed all the way :P. Also i have already tried to install with all of the backround applications closed down except for the ones i need....any possible help would be great!
    Last edited by butters; 05-27-2006, 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Re: installing problems.......

IIRC objects_client.zip is a big file so it may take a while, I'd set it going over night, and if it's stuck there in the morning...
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Do you have a fast computer? As Lorian said, the objects_client.zip is a big file. When patching, it often lags on updating that too.

Comment

wow set it over night? how long did it take for yours to install past this point, i let it sit for atleast half an hour before and still nothing, with the other two disks i can hear the cd drive working atleast.... when it gets to the 3rd disk i hear nothing at all. My computer is usually very fast i mean the first two disks were installed in less than 15 minutes its just this third one that is getting me down... ill try and let it sit for awhile though and i will get back to you with results....oh and also if it is still sitting there in the morning what would you recommend i should try and do?

Comment

If you've let it sit for an hour, return the game and try a new copy.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            If you've let it sit for an hour, return the game and try a new copy.

Yup I agree with Perry sounds like a bad disk
            sigpic

Comment

possibly try to get the dvd version if you've got a dvd rom or so.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X