Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

    Hello everyone! I wanted to ask if anyone else has installed the new patch (v1.3) either incrementally or the whole thing and had ping problems following the install. Before I patched up my ping rate was a comfortable 30ms-50ms on my local server.
    Now it is usually around 1200ms-10200ms!!! Anyone else? Any ideas? I have been reduced to playing single player now and that got old after two or three rounds. I miss the community and real people to kill. Hope someone can help. PS my system more than meets the requirements for the game and it worked just fine with the v1.2 patch. Thanks and HELP!!!

    PSS I know I am not a supporting member but I hope that dosent mean no one will reply!!! :)
    Last edited by Saimaiwolf; 05-29-2006, 03:56 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

    Hey Saimai, IN my limited experience I have learned that bad ping is rarely a BF2 problem. It can be your computer or the server but not the application. Have you tried doing a trace route or using ping plotter to to the server you frequent (you said local server so I assumed you didn't mean nay of the TG servers) to make sure the ping is really that high. I ask because there have been some bugs with the server browser since patch 1.3 that doesn't show true pings. If you want, post your trace route or ping plotter results and we'll take a look (you can paste them as text).
    LoyalGuard

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

      Which ping are you going by? The ingame ping reading next to your name on the scoreboard or the on in the server browser. The server browser is now messed up as of 1.3 with pings in 6 digits when they are normal pings instead.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

        I often get pings of over 100 in the server browser, when the server is on my computer. You need to go by the ping on the scoreboard.
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

          Originally posted by loyalguard
          Hey Saimai, IN my limited experience I have learned that bad ping is rarely a BF2 problem. It can be your computer or the server but not the application. Have you tried doing a trace route or using ping plotter to to the server you frequent (you said local server so I assumed you didn't mean nay of the TG servers) to make sure the ping is really that high. I ask because there have been some bugs with the server browser since patch 1.3 that doesn't show true pings. If you want, post your trace route or ping plotter results and we'll take a look (you can paste them as text).
          Thanks for the reply Loyalguard! Actually I took the advice of another member and downloaded a ping tracer. After doing a trace it turns out that the problem is right under my butt! Er.. sorry (Im on the fifth floor, the main computer is on the first! LOL). I am hooked up to a central computer in my apartment building and it turns out that they are running twice as many lines off it than they should (to all the apartments) The ping tracer showed that because of this my ping starts at around five hundred and goes up. Now I just have to fight with the management to put in a second local computer to ease the pressure of some sixty apartments eating bandwidth! Thank you so so so much for replying! Peace and happy killing! Sai.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

            Originally posted by Lorian
            I often get pings of over 100 in the server browser, when the server is on my computer. You need to go by the ping on the scoreboard.
            Yeah I checked all the places that represent the ping and your right the best place to look is actually in game as it gives you a running count of your ping numbers. Thanks for replying Lorian. Makes me warm and fuzzy! Peace. Sai.

            PS I also downloded a ping tracer. That is the best way as it gives you accurate counts and also points out the point in the route that is having the problem. Thanks again!!!:icon_eek:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

              Originally posted by black death5
              Which ping are you going by? The ingame ping reading next to your name on the scoreboard or the on in the server browser. The server browser is now messed up as of 1.3 with pings in 6 digits when they are normal pings instead.
              Hello and thanks for replying Mr. Black Death! I was using the in game ping numbers. But after reading the posts of you good peoples I downloaded a ping tracer and the problem is local to my apartment building! (Im in Thailand) Theyre running like 120 lines off one computer and the bottleneck is horrible!:icon_eek:

              Ps how can I put the banner under my messages like you have? Sniper, tactical gamer poster thingy? (I already have the poster but dont know how to get it in my post!!! Lol)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

                It's not really necessary to reply to all the posts...

                Anyway, as for your question:
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...k-warning.html
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/profile...=editsignature
                |TG| Lorian
                Member since 18th February 2006

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

                  [QUOTE=Lorian]It's not really necessary to reply to all the posts...

                  Actually I looked at that site and already created a poster (sniper) but I dont now how to get it on my posts. At the signature page it asks for an URL when I choose add image. I dont see an URL in the description of the image?! Can you tell me how to load or where to find the URL for the image?
                  PS: I just replied to all because this is the first time anyone has replied and the help was really appreciated. And thanks for the url's Lorian, again appreciated.:row__593:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ping Ping Ping skyrocketed!!!

                    As posted on the topic I linked to:

                    "Firefox:
                    Right click an image and click "copy image location" this will place the url the clipboard, then just paste it where you want it.

                    IE:
                    Right click an image and click "Properties" then highlight the whole url under "Address" and ctrl + c or right click copy."
                    |TG| Lorian
                    Member since 18th February 2006

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X