more 1.3 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more 1.3 problems

hey guys i am new at these forums and i can already tell that there are many threads which are talking about 1.3 problems... however i saw a bunch of them so i decided to start a new one...
    at first when i downloaded the 1.3 patch everything was fine... then i could get a server loaded past 26%
    then i tried to re download the 1.3 patch... i first tried to get the incramental patch from several places however it says i don't have 1.22 and i know that i have it...
    then when i tried to download the full patch from several places i get up to 99% downloaded, a window pops up that says
    "Error copying file or folder" "Cannot Copy BF2_Patch_1[1].3: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

can any1 help me plz?!?!

EDIT: alright now i have it downloaded to my desktop.. now when i start to patch it... it lags then stops at Object_client
    then disappears....... any thoughts?
    Last edited by [NRN]tommygunner311; 05-29-2006, 07:39 PM.

Join the New Republic Navy!!!
    BF2 DIV XO
    xfire= tommygunner
    i play bf2, and swbf2

Re: more 1.3 problems

CRC error indicates some sort of hardware problem, most likely. Since it is still failing, I'm betting that the file is not downloading correctly for one reason or another. Try getting the patch from bittorrent as it does constant error checking against each part you've downloaded. http://www.gameupdates.org/ had fast seeders the last time I used them.

At this point, after multiple installation failures and such, you may end up having to reinstall BF2.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

I didn't know there was a BT place for update, thanks Perry :)
      |TG| Lorian
      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Back on my old pc I used to get "cyclic redundancy check" errors a lot at one point and it turned out my ram went bad. Was constantly corrupting files. So uh...I like perry's suggestion.
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

wow that sucks... heh thx guys

Join the New Republic Navy!!!
          BF2 DIV XO
          xfire= tommygunner
          i play bf2, and swbf2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server