Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

BF2 just died. I mean died. I played last week and everything was great (except my shooting) and all of a sudden it wont ....

Wait what the heck is going on now? Everytime I press the apostrophe key in firefox it opens the search bar. Gah I hate computers. Time to get creative.

On to my battlefield problem. BF2 opens fine but when I try to join a server it crashes to desktop. I have all the latest patches (as far as I know, 1.3) and single player works fine. So now here I sit listening to the 12th(apostrophe)s music video ("Bring your bomb squad limitless tactics...") wishing like heck I could partake in MNM. Sigh. I forgot the best part. I would reinstall but I can(apostrophe)t find my disks. Anyone have any ideas?
    Retired 6th DB

Re: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Did you try the full 1.3 patch?
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I have the same problem. Installed 1.03 and played for 3 hours. Next day it crashed to desktop twice and now I get to the "join" screen then my keyboard locks up at the spawn menu. I see a lot of people complaining on EA forums.

Comment

All is right with the world again. A system restore to last week fixed BF2. I was able to join the TG server and spawn. Yay! I had uninstalled a bund of old games to make room for a linux partition and it appears that uninstalling BF1942 broke BF2. After running this machine solidly for over a year that is the 1st restore I have had to do.

Restarting firefox fixed the apostophe problem. It's time to go to bed before I break something else. Thanks for the replies guys!

Than
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Hitting the ' key should only bring up the search if you are not in a text field...
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
            Hitting the ' key should only bring up the search if you are not in a text field...
            Yep. It was real annoying because I would be typing in the text field and the search box would appear. I'll write it off to an oddity since a restart fixed the problem.
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

yeah i've had that happen w/ firefox once before... pretty wierd/annoying

Comment

Good thing you got it fixed, problems happen to occur alot with bf2?

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator
                  Yep. It was real annoying because I would be typing in the text field and the search box would appear. I'll write it off to an oddity since a restart fixed the problem.
                  Same thing happened on the TG forums to me a couple days ago. A restart fixed it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X